Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
had one of those, the weighed value changed if you looked at it for a few seconds, it wasn't reliable, the Lee beam scale is very reliable and repeatable, but slow to damp down, so I tend to use a Dillon precision for the superior damping, but a load weighed on one repeats on the other, so I would always say a Lee scale is a good budget starter that you can move on from or keep as a back up.
I loaded 50 last night for the hornet at 12.8 grains with them.

I threw a powder charge off the scale then placed the pan on the scale to trickle off the spoon to my weight as I found that gave more consistent results than dropping 2 or 3 smaller charges on then trickling up to target weight.

Lifted it off, double checked it was right after a little shake to change the way the powder was sitting and rule out inconsistencies on the plate sensor and even checked them against the rcbs beams I've got and they were as consistent as could be.

I'm not saying they are a perfect scale, but they are going to do everything a £40 - £60 electronic one from hornady, mtm or any of the others are knocking out as their entry level ones.