Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
I think you have a pretty rare 45 variant there, Dave. I have seen several neu 45 T01's but have never seen a T05. I think yours is one of the last editions made. I would date it around 2004 ish due to the sights fitted. Is the gun dated? The TS designation surely refers to the truglo's. How are you getting on with these?
The question is: how does it shoot? And how does it compare to the THE Original 45? Two questions then...
Evening Drew,

I've had the action from the stock and there is no date stamp on it as per the old days (why oh why did Diana stop doing that)? The gun is downstairs right now but from memory it simply says made in Germany as opposed to the old days of made in West Germany.

I want to give the tru glows a fair crack of the whip but they have been temporarily taken off while I service the gun. To it's credit it doesnt shoot too badly at all. But I would add that the firing cycle appears a little pedestrian compared to the "real" 45. No doubt this is due to the substantially longer stroke on this example.

In respect of build quality its pretty much on par with other modern makes such as HW. But in respect of it's finish I would only say that the stock finish is perhaps better than the days of old. The bluing standard isnt a patch on the older 45s from the 70s/80s. But thats a well known fact these days.

I'm not finished with getting it the way I want it to shoot, not by a long chalk. But internally the gun does at least appear to be reasonably well lubricated. Something that cant be said of modern Dianas. Of course it could have been apart in a presvious ownership and the lube may not be factory.

I;m pleaseed with the purchae overall. Especially as, like you, I do believe this particualar model really was the last of the line.

Dave