Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where to get cheap co2 capsules

where to get cheap co2 capsules

is there a difference between 12g co2 capsules?

can anyone give a heads up on which to buy and where cheapest to obtain? i presume most guys on here buy in quantities of atleast 50+ at a time?

plan to put into a 2240 i should be receiving soon

Our sponsor is the best place to buy them

JSR (forum sponsor). Never had issues with theirs.

As I buy 500 at a time, I tend to shop around, plenty of places that sell them, last box I bought were Crosman, the supplier that I got them off was the cheapest of all types at the time - just don't get the threaded ones, they don't fit

thanks for the info,

i guess i have two more questions,

how many shots from one capsule for a standard bought 2240
    and
    where / what do you do with used cartridges? i heard somewhere they were not recyclable?

A

Always buy from JSR, but of the last batch I had, branded Milbro, quite a few were less than full fill or empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewjames View Post
    thanks for the info,

i guess i have two more questions,

how many shots from one capsule for a standard bought 2240
    and
    where / what do you do with used cartridges? i heard somewhere they were not recyclable?

A
    1. 45-60. Depends on how quickly you shoot, ambient temps, etc.

2. I just put them in the recycling bin. But I guess it’s down to location. Check your local council website?

Sheffield air rifles

I don't use them often but put in recycle bin and they've always taken them, aren't they mild steel ? Once the CO2 has been emptied, nothing noxious left ?
    Last edited by MartynB; 19-02-2019 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    J S Ramsbottom for the capsules - price is good as you'll find anywhere and its nice to give something back to the sponsor of this site.

I've never noticed any difference between premium Crosman capsules and cheaper varieties - years ago there was a difference as Crosman used to put lube in them, but they've not been doing that for donkey years now.

They are just clean steel containers once the gas is vented - so 100% recyclable countrywide in the same way as every other tin can (and you don't even have to rinse them out).

Check eGay too - if you buy bulk, and sort by pest price+p&p - you will find some good pricing.

Amazon have loads

I have heard they are not recycleable as they are worried you may throw away a full one. It could be dangerous if a full one is put in their furnace and explodes. They may not have the manpower or be able to justify the expence of inspecting them to make sure they are empty.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    I have heard they are not recycleable as they are worried you may throw away a full one. It could be dangerous if a full one is put in their furnace and explodes. They may not have the manpower or be able to justify the expence of inspecting them to make sure they are empty.
    I'd be surpised - It'd probably blow the top off first and could propel itself quite violently of course, but probably less explosive than a full can of deodorant and I'll bet there are plenty of those thown in the recycling where someone didn't like the smell.

Always used jsr for mine .... great service