Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anshutz 335

Anshutz 335

Ideas price wise on a mint Anshutz 335 in .22 please.
    Everything it came out of factory with plus a scope. John
    snarepeg.

mk1 ,2 or magnum?
    Smile!...today is the day you worried about yesterday. :-)

Supanova II Weymouth....http://www.supanova-charters.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by duomatic410 View Post
    Ideas price wise on a mint Anshutz 335 in .22 please.
    Everything it came out of factory with plus a scope. John
    Need more details. On the information you have given, between £150 and £250...

Is it actually “mint” - utterly undistinguishsble from brand new? Or just “really nice”?

Box? Accessories? Papers?

I can’t recall them being sold by Anschutz with a scope. If mounted, it’s not mint. Details?

Mk1 (rounded stock, pull-forward barrel release), or (more desirable and I think rarer) Mk2 with squared stock and clutch lever barrel release? Is it a standard sporting 335, or the lower-power target 335S?

If it’s been used, however well cared for, are the fore-end mounting blocks on the cylinder (well-known point of failure) still intact?

Pics?

Didn't get into depth with it, the locking lever pulls forward, it's very tight to cock, it's been in a cabinet for years unfired.
    Will take a more in depth look at weekend.
    No box, after market Chinese scope but blueing pristine.
    Will take scope of next visit as pushed for time today( who said I'm retired)😳
    snarepeg.

Update.
    This is a Magnum,front of stock much like a Fienwerbau.
    Anyone on this.?
    snarepeg.

Update.
    This is a Magnum,front of stock much like a Fienwerbau.
    Anyone on this.?
    I have got an almost minter in .22, fitted with a classic old Japanese 3-9x40 scope. Going to try for £200 at the Kempton Park Show next month. Will put pics on today to show you condition.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Thanks Baz.
    Think the chap a bit overmistic with £275
    snarepeg.

Thanks Baz.
    Think the chap a bit overmistic with £275
    God loves a trier.

The last '335, a .22, I bought was a very tidy Bowkett tuned one (no open sights but doing 11+ ft/bs ) for £125.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

All very interesting. I had a thread here a year or so ago to ascertain the existence of the 'Magnum' but I cannot recall what this term actually designated.

I think some 335s were for the German market and therefore sub 6ft/lb.

Anyway, Baz, any idea what yours is performing at and any idea what yours is performing at duomatic? I ask because between you, it seems you have a Mk1 and a Mk2, the former also being a magnum.

It also seems that, in addition to the barrel release (Mk1 pull forward and Mk2 at an angle per Baz's photo), the Mk2 has a different rear sight which is governed by the circular screw (see Baz's photo). The Mk1 seems to have a sliding sight.

Rgds
    A

Andrew, I had to remove two coils from the spring and reform it to get the power down. The spring is very high quality steel, 30 coils at 3.2 wire diam. Now 28 coils.
    The rifle is very easy to strip as the solid trigger block comes out in one piece after two cross pins removed. Be careful in re-assembling as only one pin takes the strain and the other can slide out before the action is put in the stock. The finish and fit of this rifle is very good, especially the barrel to the jaws. This all helps with accuracy and yesterday I was getting 5p groups at 20 metres at the range. The piston seal is a very hard material, does not seem to be the usual polyurethane.

Baz
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 24-02-2019 at 09:18 PM.

I had a real clean example here recently that didn't fit in my collection, damn near had to give it away. I try not to think about it too much, but believe in the end I got £65

Thanks Baz. That sounds quite rare because, I have read in other threads, the 335 was designed to run at around 10 - 10.5 ft/lbs but if it was worked upon to extract more, then there often were problems with the recoil and the front stock mounts were prone to splitting/shearing.

I am not sure whether the word 'magnum' actually meant anything other than that it exceeded the German power limit of around 6ft/lb.

I am not sure, either, whether there was any noticeable difference in the performance between the Mk1 and Mk2, other than the lever to release the barrel, although it seems the rear sights were different. Was there a difference in power, I wonder - perhaps with some alteration to the front stock mounts to address the apparent problem?

I understand these were accurate rifles and I had been thinking of adding one to my collection but was still investigating the differences between the models.

Rgds
    A

I have two MK1's one in .22 and one in .177 both are in excellent condition.The Annie 335 is an overlooked vintage collectible IMO the build quality is very high and in fact better than the FWB Sport that has the cult following!
    Last edited by mrto; 25-02-2019 at 07:24 AM.

I agree.
    They are also much cheaper than the FWBs!

I have had a few and they usually go for around the £170 mark.

I sold one to a chap on here and one to the builder who did our kitchen.
    I always check to see if people I have to pay like airguns !

I had the target model which I think I sold last year at Kempton unless it’s still lurking somewhere
    Last edited by gingernut; 25-02-2019 at 08:31 AM.