Thread: BSA Breakdown Air Rifle

BSA Breakdown Air Rifle

For Sale: A post 1936 BSA Breakdown Air Rifle in very good condition with visible cylinder etching.
    This example retains most of its original blued finish to the metal parts and the stock is also in excellent order with no splits or damage and a nice dark finish. Good screwheads and the rifle has a solid lock up with no play. The action cocks and fires with very good accuracy. Sights are original, correct and undamaged. The cylinder etching is faded but visible and readable. I have found more etched BSA Standards than Breakdown air rifles, as the latter always seem to have had more use and abuse over time. These rifles can be a little under rated but can be accurate and consistent performers on the range. This rifle has the usual .177 anti clockwise rifling and a plethora of stamps under the barrel and on the trigger block. The B prefix and engraved cylinder ring behind the breech tells us this rifle was made between 1936 and 1939. Overall a well above average example. £225 F2F or can post for an additional £15.

Link to photos below.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Cgrh92WZgZs8LFsx9

John

pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    PM incoming

Sold to Mr Bingham - see you at Kempton!

Kind regards,

John

Many thanks,see you there!

Collected Rifle at Kempton today, as always John is a Gentleman to deal with and the rifle itself exceeded expectation,very pleased with the deal. Many thanks to John and the BBS.

Quote Originally Posted by pjbingham View Post
    Collected Rifle at Kempton today, as always John is a Gentleman to deal with and the rifle itself exceeded expectation,very pleased with the deal. Many thanks to John and the BBS.
    Thank you for your kind words Phil,

Likewise it is always a pleasure to deal with you. I hope you enjoy the rifle!

Kind regards,

John