Thread: HW55/LG55 springs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

HW55/LG55 springs

Hi,

anyone got a lead on original springs or an equivilent for a 6ftlbs output in an old LG55?

Am I right in thinking the HW55 springs will fit in a LG55 and vice versa?

Chambers list a Titan no7 spring for a 55.
    I think the HW30 springs will fit, they do the 7.5 joules (5.5ftlbs) or export version which might be a bit high, I know 30's do 7-8ftlbs.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Cheers,
    Matt.

I could use a 6 ft lb spring as well...
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

Vic at Protek said he has one LG55 spring he kept as a pattern, he’ll try to find some matches over the weekend. If he has a few I’ll give out s shout if anyone wants one.
    Matt.

The UK 99 spring will fit with some coils removed.

I bought a new 6ftlb spring for a 55T from Versandhaus Schneider. If I remember correctly, even with shipping from Germany it cost less than from the Uk ... and if you can add a few other bits to the order for whatever you want (maybe for an LGV/LGU) then the cost saving can be greater.
    Here are my notes from the time: 'Spring guide is the old HW steel cross end one. Tested for breech leak and all OK. Original spring spec is, I believe c. 2.75mm wire x 32 coils. The replacement I put in initially is HW77 spec but seems OK ... (note: more than 6ftlb though.) A meteor spring does not fit as the spring guide does not fit.
    Subsequently fitted a 7.5J spring from Versandhaus Schneider .. no difference to original. So eased piston and added 5mm preload. Now c 580 with Geco. Then fitted nylon spring guide and with Hobby is now 600fps.' Very nice. I believe these rifles were originally designed for 6ftlb target shooting?

Cheers, Phil

Cheers guys,

couldn't find any on Versandhaus Schneider but came across supposedly original HW55 7.5j ones here:

https://www.mundilar.net/en/replacem...w55-hw99s.html

I've ordered a couple for myself and an extra one if anyone wants it, £16 + postage.

I'll see what Vic at Protek unearths to match his LG55 spring next week, but I believe they are pretty much the same.

Cheers,

Matt.