Thread: Webley Raider 10-shot

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Not got sorted on pix yet I'm afraid..reliant on DV stills only so they are not best quality, and I have not got around to getting picture hosting. Gun Mart has an ad for it though..

First outing...

My usual haunts were not accessible this weekend, but I took the gun on a stalk about, and accounted for a rabbit very nicely at 25 yards or so. Clean head shot with Accupell.

The rifle seems very quiet to me. The bolt action is weird. I am so used to .22RF that I was looking to catch the ejecting brass when pulling the bolt back. It's certainly fairly easy to cart about. The bolt can be put in the rear position so that the trigger is disabled and there is no pellet in the breech.

I have put a QD stud in the fore-end to fit a bipod to later. Main reason - this will allow me to put the gun down whilst paunching etc, without laying it down on the grass.

Second Outing

2 magpies at approx 30 yards. First one nice 'n easy, second one came for the funeral. And a cracking young rabbit again at about 30 yards, just rolled over, kicked the once and was gone. The moderator does not affect the accuracy at all and this gun is so easy to shoot. I have adjusted the trigger to make it a little lighter than the factory setting, and the creep has diminished too.

Excellent, comprehensive review jimlad. Being a fan of webleys owning a 'raider' and 'axsor' carbine i'm sorely tempted to buy one, it sounds as though they've combined the best features of the two to produce a nice hunter.

Thanks Woody. Richard Reeve at Newavon Arms, where I bought the gun, said that he thought that Webley had listened to what users said about their previous PCPs when putting the Raider 10 together and that they had done a good job of it. I can't disagree with that. Pride of place, this one.

sounds like a good un mate , i also have a raider and an Axsor , i cant fault them .
    have you put it over a chrono yet , any results etc .
    whats the action based on , Axsor or raider , any chance of a pic of it , close up of action if poss .

cheers
    Darren .

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

Exclamation Get One Cheap...

Thought I'd bump this one back up to the top as it was/is (a) one of the best all-in on-going reviews I've seen on BBS, and (b) Ed has some Raider Ten shots that he is selling at a good price (see his opening STICKY on page one of the FOR SALE section). Just trying to help: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.