Thread: Webley Raider 10-shot

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Excellent, comprehensive review jimlad. Being a fan of webleys owning a 'raider' and 'axsor' carbine i'm sorely tempted to buy one, it sounds as though they've combined the best features of the two to produce a nice hunter.

Thanks Woody. Richard Reeve at Newavon Arms, where I bought the gun, said that he thought that Webley had listened to what users said about their previous PCPs when putting the Raider 10 together and that they had done a good job of it. I can't disagree with that. Pride of place, this one.

sounds like a good un mate , i also have a raider and an Axsor , i cant fault them .
    have you put it over a chrono yet , any results etc .
    whats the action based on , Axsor or raider , any chance of a pic of it , close up of action if poss .

cheers
    Darren .

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

Exclamation Get One Cheap...

Thought I'd bump this one back up to the top as it was/is (a) one of the best all-in on-going reviews I've seen on BBS, and (b) Ed has some Raider Ten shots that he is selling at a good price (see his opening STICKY on page one of the FOR SALE section). Just trying to help: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Thanks Gareth !

I enjoyed writing it. Commissions gratefully accepted of course should anyone want an honest review...

stevejo58 Guest
    Having just bought a Webley Raider 10 (in .22), I found your review very useful - thanks!
    You said you adjusted the trigger; I don't have a spanner small enough for the tiny locknut. How did you get round this?
    As a matter of interest, is yours a .22 or .177?
    Thanks,
    Steve Jones

Hi Steve,

I've only just looked at this again today to see your post.

I seem to recall that I had a small adjustable spanner which I used on this.

However, I found that I did not have an allen key the right size to adjust the screw itself, but I found that having loosened the nut, the screw turned quite easily using a smaller allen key held at an angle.

Obviously I proceeded very cautiously with this and would not have done so had there been any stiffness or difficulty.

Mine is a .22. I'm still very pleased with it. Even though I've seen them advertised for £100 less than I paid, by JSR !

And I got a good deal at the time.

Hope you enjoy yours.