Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Webley Raider 10-shot

nice review i was sad to sell mine and if i had the cash it's still in my local gun shop and i would have it back tomorrow mine was .177 and the last to leave the now defunct webley factory, I modded mine by cutting down the shroud and having it re threaded, I then added the brilliant hw100 silencer which made it totally silent, and the same length as with the original shroud
    imo it is one of the best air rifles i have ever used and did everything i wanted it to do.
    ...... Adapt....To......Survive.....

That's very sad !

I was thinking of parting with mine in favour of an FAC rated air rifle, but I think I will keep it, and save up for the FAC gun. I'd like to try a better moderator on it than the RWS Manders which it sports at the moment. A SAK quietened it down beautifully, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by arjimlad View Post
    That's very sad !

I was thinking of parting with mine in favour of an FAC rated air rifle, but I think I will keep it, and save up for the FAC gun. I'd like to try a better moderator on it than the RWS Manders which it sports at the moment. A SAK quietened it down beautifully, for example.
    I can recommend the Weihrauch silencer. Did a pretty good job on mine. But no amount of silencer will get rid of that farting (pfffrt) noise from the action though. But there is a way to de-twang (or de-pfffrt ) it I believe. Or at least it has been mentioned on here at some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Punchsteve View Post
    I can recommend the Weihrauch silencer. Did a pretty good job on mine.
    I'll second that...my lad has Punchsteve's old Raider and it's whisper quiet with an HW fitted.

Quote Originally Posted by arjimlad View Post
    Arjimlad’s review of the Webley Raider 10-shot - Part 1

Vital Statistics

There is a small black and white pressure gauge in the base of the stock 5” forward of the front of the trigger guard.
    Mine Doesn't have a pressure gauge at all, does anyone know why this is???
    Also it is a .177 but has .22 5.5 Cal stamped into the barrel shroud ?? is this strange ??

I love the rifle and have no intention of parting with it but find these two points a little niggly.

Thanks

Paddy

Quote Originally Posted by paddyeds View Post
    Mine Doesn't have a pressure gauge at all, does anyone know why this is???
    Also it is a .177 but has .22 5.5 Cal stamped into the barrel shroud ?? is this strange ??

I love the rifle and have no intention of parting with it but find these two points a little niggly.

Thanks

Paddy
    Is it a raider 10 or just a raider 1 or 2 shot? As far as I know, neither of these had a pressure gauge, only the Raider 10.

Could be one or two reasons why yours is a .177 when it says .22 on it. Someone might have decided to change calibre and had it professionally converted (I think there was a time up to when Webley went bust that the .177 was in very short supply, so the above might have been an easier option for someone).

Or the shop itself when selling from new might have converted it to .177 for a customer as they couldn't get hold of one new.

it is a raider 10 or so the plague on the side says, i thought it might have been modded to .177 if it was originally a .22 would this affect the power?? maybe I should get it chrono'd, don't think it is underpowered shot a rabbit head shot 40yds last night, maybe it is over powered. would be nice to have a gauge, could this be retro fitted do you think?? if so who would do it?

Thanks

paddy

Quote Originally Posted by paddyeds View Post
    it is a raider 10 or so the plague on the side says, i thought it might have been modded to .177 if it was originally a .22 would this affect the power?? maybe I should get it chrono'd, don't think it is underpowered shot a rabbit head shot 40yds last night, maybe it is over powered. would be nice to have a gauge, could this be retro fitted do you think?? if so who would do it?

Thanks

paddy
    Always a good idea to get it chronoed mate. Especially if it's been converted or tinkered about with. If done professionally, the power will have been adjusted and some other work done internally for the change of calibre. But I would still chrono it, just in case.

I'm pretty sure that you can retrofit a gauge, but I'm not sure who could fit one for you. I'm sure a helpful BBS member will be along shortly with a suggestion.

EDIT: Didn't notice this question was in the reviews section as it's an old post that came up in my list of subscribed threads. Apologies mods.
    Last edited by Punchsteve; 11-10-2008 at 05:13 PM.

Got my raider 10 a few week ago!! Absolutely cracking rifle but from reading your review i think i will go about adjusting my trigger!!
    EDGAR MOD .75 .22 ...no scope!
    SMK SYNTARG .177 (sons rifle)... nikko 4x40
    RAIDER 10 .177... Richter 3-9x50 ir BSA METEOR... 3-9x50 ir

Ok - time to give some more love to the Webley Raider 10. It has been to the Airgun Doctor for a service about five years ago.

I am not using it very much at all but it is not holding a charge all that well.

I would like to replace the seals myself and fit a de-twanger. Any hints ? Any ideas where I might find a de-twanger please ?

I have seen that a seal kit is available from GMAC Custom parts..
    Last edited by arjimlad; 26-02-2019 at 05:07 PM. Reason: accuracy