Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Webley Raider 10-shot

r 10

hello mate just got my r 10 today first inprestions is looks cool can you tell me did the silencer adapter come with the gun or did you get from newavon arms thanks daryl

Daryl, I got it from Newavon as an accessory when I bought the gun. It's not included with the gun. Enjoy !

stevejo58 Guest
    Thanks for the info re. trigger adjustment. Useful warning, and knowing my capacity for disasters with things technical, I shall leave well alone for now!
    Steve

My Raider 10 has gone back to Webley (via my gundealer) as the power seems to have dropped to about 6 ft lbs

The dealer told me that there is a seal which is prone to fail. I have never tinkered with a PCP - the thought of making a mistake with all that pressure puts me off. Even if I emptied it, I might not put it back together properly.

I'm very glad I bought it from my local gun shop.

I don't know how long it will take to get it back.

every gun i have ever sent to AGS for a service has been sent back within a week,always had very good service from them.

Thank you - that's reassuring.

Did you shoot it without the additional moderator? There are a few guns about now with mods incorporated into bull barrels and I'm considering replacing my Falcon FN12TW with its short quickfill mod, but don't want to have to put significant extra length on, so would be interested if it's acceptable without.

Regards,
    MikB
    ...history... is, indeed, little more than the register of the crimes, follies, and misfortunes of mankind. (Edward Gibbon: Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire)

It's OK without an additional mod, but definitely quieter with one.

I got the gun back at the weekend and was surprised to be charged for the repair (£50!). Webley told the gunshop that it was user error - they claim that I have been overfilling the gun and had blown a valve.

I bought a Webley 300 bar bottle, with a Webley hose & guage, to go with my very first Webley rifle, and have strictly followed the Webley instructions and never charged it over 200 bar. I have owned a PCP before and am not some irresponsible inexperienced hamfisted clot.

The guage on the bottle mirrors that on the gun so I don't think it is under-reading.

I have always tried to charge it slowly as well.

The gun has had but little use - my bottle although only a littl'un is still on its original fill. I have not put 1,000 shots through it.

I am not a happy bunny, but my local gunshop is taking it up with the sales rep and I have hopes of a satisfactory outcome...nevertheless the gun accounted for a very nice young buck rabbit at 30 yards at the weekend.

If it drops power again, I will have to buy a Combro and teach myself PCP maintenance..which is not so good for a £400 gun.

check on charges mate......

if i was you id fone webley, if the gun is new it should be warranted, also not all dealers are that honest, wouldn't be the first time i've heard of a dealer charging for a repair when the manafacturer didnt charge them, might be wrong, but wot u got to lose from a phone call.

ps raider 10, good little gun, can be improved tho'

the wiz

I suppose it was older than 12 months but for a £399 gun to croak after 18 months of light but careful use is pretty poor. I'll see how the dealer gets on with the Webley rep.. It's more the insult to my intelligence which annoys me.

Question Not happy with the safety.

I just picked up a Raider 10 shot second hand. Its a nice gun, possibly a little big for lamping from a motor, but i like it with the exception of the damn safety.

From what I read in the manual the rifle is safe when the bolt is back and down, moving the bolt forward indexes the mag, loads a pellet and cocks. If I then decide not to fire and want safety on I can pull the bolt back, fine except that when I next ready to fire pushing the bolt forward indexes the mag and loads a second pellet

Hope someone can tell me I am doing something wrong. The gun is awkward enough in a confined space last thing I need is a dodgy safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Reiver View Post
    I just picked up a Raider 10 shot second hand. Its a nice gun, possibly a little big for lamping from a motor, but i like it with the exception of the damn safety.

From what I read in the manual the rifle is safe when the bolt is back and down, moving the bolt forward indexes the mag, loads a pellet and cocks. If I then decide not to fire and want safety on I can pull the bolt back, fine except that when I next ready to fire pushing the bolt forward indexes the mag and loads a second pellet

Hope someone can tell me I am doing something wrong. The gun is awkward enough in a confined space last thing I need is a dodgy safety.
    I think the gun actually cocks when you pull the bolt back, and indexes a pellet when you push the bolt forward.

What I tend to do, if I have already indexed a pellet and cocked the gun is pull the bolt back, remove the magazine, take hold of the bolt and while pointing it in a safe direction squeeze the trigger while easing the bolt forward. That means the gun will need to be cocked again before it will fire, and there's no magazine to index a second pellet.

I then put a pellet in the empty space on the mag so I don't have to fumble about positioning it to index the next pellet properly when I put it back in, but this is just me.

Steve's right. I keep the bolt back and slip it forward when I want to shoot. If I don't end up shooting the only option I can think of is what Steve suggests - or letting the shot off in a safe direction.

I had two rabbits in quick succession last night. Very pleased.

Pretty much what I have been doing, but wastes a lot of pellets. Its a lovely gun, very comfortable accurate, just a pity the designers missed a manual safety. That and the fact its a bit too long to swing around in a motor means I'll have to go looking for another one

Oh dear how sad.

Thanks for the help

Update - no resolution from Webley - dealer has lost my custom and I shan't buy another Webley - I bought a Combro though (thanks Robin - what a marvellous little tool that is !) and I was seriously impressed with the consistency of the rifle. It's doing about 11.3 ft lbs at the moment. Sitting supported I got one-hole groups from 25-40 yards, which I am rather pleased with.

I had a lot of help from guys on here re maintenance etc., and am confident I can sort out any problems which arise. I still really like the fit and feel of the gun. It is doing a lovely job around the shoot.