Thread: pellet probe on ultra

pellet probe on ultra

The standard pellet probe on my Ultra feels quite rough. Feeding from a magazine isn't great and on closer inspection the rubber washer in the mag has nicks in it, i also tried the single shot loader and to be honest its not really that smooth . Is this a common fault ? ill take it apart to have a look and if i do is it worth fitting an after market probe ? any suggestions ?

as usual many thanks

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by scoie View Post
    The standard pellet probe on my Ultra feels quite rough. Feeding from a magazine isn't great and on closer inspection the rubber washer in the mag has nicks in it, i also tried the single shot loader and to be honest its not really that smooth . Is this a common fault ? ill take it apart to have a look and if i do is it worth fitting an after market probe ? any suggestions ?

as usual many thanks

Craig
    Did you get any guidance with this?
    ARe you sorted now?
    B.A.S.C. member

Check for mag alignment, sounds like the probe is nicking the o rings. Also look for flakes on the probe. Some weren't done properly and they can leave nickel flakes that can get everywhere and do damage. A replacement steel one can be got from xtx. A bit of a job to fit though.

I take it this is a MMC model not the bolt type?
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

thanks for the reply gents .

On stripping the probe i found the probe was flaking and looking around the cost for a new one /after market was about £20-£30 pound so being a little impatient i took the probe and got the dremmel on it , took the first layer off and then polished it up , wet and dry and then metal polish. it was quite rough to be fair and the front of the probe that pushed the pellet had sharp edges , i just filed these down a little and its now a lot smoother.

i also found the banjo was very tight getting over the probe washer , so tight in fact that it damaged the washer to the extent it was no use and funny enough when i bought it was second hand and on closer inspection it was low on power( about 8-9 ft/lb) it didn't even have a washer so i guess the first owner tried and failed to fix it .

i did change the seal first time and it was ok so a little strange this time it wouldn't get over the seal. Anyway again a little manipulation in the garage on the banjo and it slid over fine. Its all together now holding air and the magazine and probe all working tickety boo, very satisfying to be honest to do it yourself and thank the lord for youtube. i don't know why but this is my second ultra and its accurate as hell and so pointable that its worth the little effort in sorting it out , its a lovely little gun that punches far above its weight.

it was the se version with the bolt .

i also have an R10 and hornet so its all good practise when they go wrong ,lol.

atb

craig