Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Remote firing air rifle

I butchered a old nitro rc car for servos, made a fantastic pan and tilt cctv camera out of it, as for hooking it up to a gun I suppose it depends how creative you are 😉

Not sure what the range is but this will do the switching from the auction site, there is no need to see through the scope just aim at the hole lol
    DC-12v-Wireless-RF-Remote-Control-Switch-Momentary-On-off-Transmitter-Receiver

For actuator search electro magnet the auction site.

If you connect servos and wireless camera to it also and with the scope almost certainly will become illegal fyi that’s a weapon system!

I used to watch some camera recordings to find out the feeding time/habits, or live feeds ....a lot better from the armchair can tell you that...

Probably you just need a fishing line and have to mount the gun solid. lol
    At short distance the pellet will go way under the middle of the crosshairs so don’t aim like that.
    Last edited by krisko; 05-03-2019 at 07:17 AM.

https://realsentrygun.com/Products.htm
    I've seen ones with tracking and automated firing..accuracy would be an issue.. It would be ' unusual ' if your phone alerted you and you could then take command of the remote device and eradicate Roland from the comfort of your bed/office/bathroom
    Donald

You need the sentry guns off Aliens.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Quote Originally Posted by Riffler View Post
    I've posted these before on the board I think..

]
    You do know links to dead stuff on the BBS can see you banned from here don't you ?

I still think building a rifle turret (while it sounds awesome) is a terrible idea; but for anyone wishing to investigate further Michael Reeves crazy experiments are quite a good place to start.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8zC3-ZQFJI

You could likely use Tensorflow to have the turret track rats it sees too.
    The only big issue would be reloadingshort of sacrificing something like a Steyr H5A the best option would likely be a 10 shot mag and a nice beefy servo to cycle the bolt.

It's completely do-able especially if you have a light rifle like a contour you can use.
    Not sure anyone with an FAC should risk it though. Fun topic for an inspection. "What's that?"... "Oh that's nothing to worry about officer, it's just my Rat hunting turret"

There are quite a few things the UK government have not banned because they have not needed to, such as a gatling airgun; while it may be legal you can bet once one is built it wont be for long.

Quote Originally Posted by Solvo View Post
    There are quite a few things the UK government have not banned because they have not needed to, such as a gatling airgun; while it may be legal you can bet once one is built it wont be for long.
    I remember an article in one of the airgun mags of a guy that built a hand cranked one out of brass that used TACS
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

There you go...

https://www.amazon.com/SMG-Full-Auto.../dp/B005FMPY5O

Don’t think you’d get one imported though

Norm

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    Interesting idea, you been watching Day of the Jackal ?
    In which NON of those criteria were met.������

Try Shooter where they used a remote controlled sentinal sniper rifle.

To the original poster.... it is very doable but why. It will probably be as expensive as it is time consuming assuming you can select an adjustment and trigger system fast enough and qiuet enough plus a screen refresh rate that doesnt cause lag. Plus its a custom build. I am.not aware.of a commercial system that does this and even then its likely to be expensive to buy or hire

Your issue isnt really the rats. Your issue is their access routes. How are they getting in. How do you seal it so that it stops access.
    What are they after? Is there a food source there or is it just warmth/weather/shelter related. Is a neighbour the problem and they are straying ?

You need to ID how and then plan to seal then mop up any stragglers. Glue traps somet8mes work but you need to understand your problem and the numbers involved.

Poision in a residential is not a good idea. The rat/s can get anywhere and die and the stink can last for days and weeks followed by a plague of flies that have fed of the carcase. That assumes you dont spend money digging the carcases out of the wall.

Youtube has a plethora of crafty trap ideas so long as they are compliant to law and animal welfare rules.

To me shooting is the best form of despatch but then I hate posion unless there really is absolutely no alternative.

There is also a C02 device that works 24/7/365 that may be a good idea ajd you could use a simpler NV set up and motion activated DVR to assess the activity and capture rate ect. I forget what it is called but again....YT is your resource.
    Last edited by Steyr; 04-03-2019 at 01:42 PM.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post
    You need the sentry guns off Aliens.
    That was exactly what I thought when I read the original post.
    .... Imagine that kicking off in his loft at 3am 😬😄

All of the above.

Some amazing stuff there guys

steyr, the house is a 1900’s terraced with solid walls and no cavity and whatever you do to rat proof if they want to get in somewhere they will, they’re not feeding from my house but next door is converted to three flats and possibly food could be stored on the upper floor. They could access my attic by the guttering and then through under the tiles, they seem to be nesting under the loft boards, at the moment I am using two ‘snap traps ‘ plus a victory rat zapper but none of them has worked so far. I have started using poison as a near last resort and they have eaten most of what I have put down but i believe poison is quite tame up to what it used to be and a lot has to be consumed to take effect. We had a rat a few years back which we got with poison and as you say the smell was awful for some five weeks !
    I’ve had my trail cam in the attic following their movements which brought me to the idea of a remote rifle,
    I could sit in the loft with my NV setup but it’s not practical. There is a Co2 powered machine called a goodnature A24 which in theory looks great but reviews aren’t so good for something costing £115.
    I need to sort this problem pretty quick now before they start breeding up there that could be a nightmare.
    Maybe my idea is a bit OTT but I’ve found the thread quite interesting, thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by TRS1 View Post
    Yep that’ll do it

Quote Originally Posted by emin-j View Post
    Some amazing stuff there guys

steyr, the house is a 1900’s terraced with solid walls and no cavity and whatever you do to rat proof if they want to get in somewhere they will, they’re not feeding from my house but next door is converted to three flats and possibly food could be stored on the upper floor. They could access my attic by the guttering and then through under the tiles, they seem to be nesting under the loft boards, at the moment I am using two ‘snap traps ‘ plus a victory rat zapper but none of them has worked so far. I have started using poison as a near last resort and they have eaten most of what I have put down but i believe poison is quite tame up to what it used to be and a lot has to be consumed to take effect. We had a rat a few years back which we got with poison and as you say the smell was awful for some five weeks !
    I’ve had my trail cam in the attic following their movements which brought me to the idea of a remote rifle,
    I could sit in the loft with my NV setup but it’s not practical. There is a Co2 powered machine called a goodnature A24 which in theory looks great but reviews aren’t so good for something costing £115.
    I need to sort this problem pretty quick now before they start breeding up there that could be a nightmare.
    Maybe my idea is a bit OTT but I’ve found the thread quite interesting, thanks guys
    No house can be fully protected. But the current access routes can potentially be ID'd and dealt with.
    The device you mention is the one I have seen but if it kills 1 rat as opposed to the 3 that have caught nought !!!
    Giving rats low dose poison is counter productive as it just allows them to survive and develop immunity - even current poisons are failing in this regard.
    Electric kill traps modified to make tube safe runs may work better as well as glue traps - the latter need to be checked and rodents despatched asap though whatever time night or day.
    If you want to you shooting, then having a remote access gun that is remote control throws up many issues from construction, operation and discharge.
    However, rigging a fixed rig that shoots at a specific point is easier potentially.
    It can be monitored so you press a button on a solenoid when the position is right. Easier to rig than an articulated system.
    Sentinel guns are military sadly though there is an air soft version I witnessed at Stoneleigh a couple of years back. it was a working model too and tracked you as you walked past. A lot of tech kit without much kick
    Hope you get it sorted.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill