Thread: Walther & Morini help

Walther & Morini help

I am looking for some help, advice & bits for some target air pistols.
    1) A set of seals (especially the release valve seal) for a Walther LP3 air pistol.
    2) Same as above for a Walther LP2.
    3) My wife has a Morini CM162E1 PCP pistol. When she starts shooting a series everything is fine but as she shoots the series it gets harder and harder to cock the mechanism. Then the next time it is the same, easy - then more & more difficult. Any ideas?

Sorry I can't help with the seals for your old Walther classic SSP air pistols, but I have owned and shot lots of 162ie pistols over the years and still shoot Morini 162ie match pistols every week and have never experienced the problem that your wife has with her 162ie.

I have often found that when I cock the pistol for the first time each night that the cocking lever is a little stiff to lift for the first shot (only), but after the first time the lever stays the same all night and never gets stiffer during the shooting session.

As the cylinder pressure drops to below the "safe " level (when shots will start to drop), the 162ie has a clever locking latch that will grip the cocking lever to prevent it being operated again until the air cylinder is either exchanged for a full one or re-filled.

Is there any possibility that your wife experiences this problem when the cylinder is almost empty and that the locking latch has failed to totally stop the cocking lever opening but is starting to interfere with the operation?

If so, then maybe the "hook" on the end of this locking latch could be worn and needs replacing?

Sorry, I can't think of anything else at the moment - but it may be worth checking the position of this locking lever as the air pressure drops.

Bob.
    Last edited by zooma; 02-11-2019 at 10:24 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

majex45,

Please try Mr. Amatruda here on 'BBS for the LP2 & LP3 seals.

His user name here is :

Lawrie Amatruda

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

Re Morini

Iqbal Ubi is the UK Morini importer and can also service them too. Maybe worth having a chat with him, let me know and I'll email his details.

Thanks

Thanks for the idea.
    This happens when the cylinder is full and when low.
    My own idea is that the release of gas is cooling the lubricant and making it sticky. I have no way to test this hypothesis. Do you think it is likely?

Quote Originally Posted by Discocom View Post
    Iqbal Ubi is the UK Morini importer and can also service them too. Maybe worth having a chat with him, let me know and I'll email his details.
    Yes please PM or email me his number, thanks.
    Last edited by majex45; 04-11-2019 at 11:24 AM.

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply.
    Unfortunately, Lawrence no longer works on these pistols. I believe there is someone in the Bexhill area but I don't know his name.

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    majex45,

Please try Mr. Amatruda here on 'BBS for the LP2 & LP3 seals.

His user name here is :

Lawrie Amatruda

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

majex45,

I think the chappie in Bexhill is member 1066 here on 'BBS.

He is a very skilled engineer.

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

Walther seals

If you have no luck ,let me know and ill send you the german Walther spares suppliers
    But try protek or knibbs ,
    Did the seal on a lp 3 only a few months ago if you need help ask
    Cheers ian

Quote Originally Posted by Helm View Post
    If you have no luck ,let me know and ill send you the german Walther spares suppliers
    But try protek or knibbs ,
    Did the seal on a lp 3 only a few months ago if you need help ask
    Cheers ian
    Thank you Ian,
    I've just ordered the LP3 seals from John Knibbs - the search continues for the LP2.

Lp2

Hi waffen gotha in germany have lp2 spares
    With protek best to send an email with parts nos from the walther sight
    Cheers ian
    Ps i have used them myself parts arrive promptly

Hi,
    Lawrie Armatruda serviced and resealed my Walther lp3 recently and he did a very good job.
    He turns a whole new piston in aluminium which will take o-rings, rather than the original piston seals.
    I’m pretty sure it was around £70 all in, including a full service, all the seals and a few spare o-rings and the new piston.
    It basically future proofs the pistol for ever, as the seals will be probably be unobtainable in the future.

When you consider goths-waffen charge £15 postage, plus £10 bank payment fees it’s not bad.

Cheers,
    Matt.

I checked with Lawrie and he is now retired from the repair business.
    I obtained some parts from John Knibbs and the LP3 is now working OK (although low powered). Should I have lubricated the seals? JK advised to fit them dry.
    I have made a washer for the LP2 which works but again the pistol is very low powered.
    I'll keep trying.

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    Hi,
    Lawrie Armatruda serviced and resealed my Walther lp3 recently and he did a very good job.
    He turns a whole new piston in aluminium which will take o-rings, rather than the original piston seals.
    I’m pretty sure it was around £70 all in, including a full service, all the seals and a few spare o-rings and the new piston.
    It basically future proofs the pistol for ever, as the seals will be probably be unobtainable in the future.

When you consider goths-waffen charge £15 postage, plus £10 bank payment fees it’s not bad.

Cheers,
    Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by majex45 View Post
    I have made a washer for the LP2 which works but again the pistol is very low powered.
    I'll keep trying.
    I think are pretty low powered anyway, around 2.5 ftlbs?

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    I think are pretty low powered anyway, around 2.5 ftlbs?
    I'll try chronographing them & see.