Thread: Rossendale MTC - refurbished club range now "officially" opened.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Royal IJ Visit.

It looks like IJ has finally forgiven us for not inviting him to be our "special guest celebrity" to officially open the updated range facility for us as he came to the club last night for the first time since we completed our refurbishments and fitted the electronic target changers.

As always it was nice to have his company and hope that he can remember where he left his pistol so he can bring it with him next time
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I wanted to cut the string (s) to officially open the range but ZOOMA wouldn't let me.

I know exactly where I left my pistol. I didn't bring it because your always dipping into my pellets.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    I wanted to cut the string (s) to officially open the range but ZOOMA wouldn't let me.

I know exactly where I left my pistol. I didn't bring it because your always dipping into my pellets.

The strings that you wanted to cut were the ones that are attached to our new target changers !

...and anyone that risks a dip into your pellet stash would need a tetanus injection - not worth the risk IMHO

It was also nice to have Greg visit us at RMTC for the first time last night - the first of many we hope!

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    The strings that you wanted to cut were the ones that are attached to our new target changers !

So ?

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    So ?
    .... So? - that's why we always need to make sure you have a "carer" to look after you and keep you out of trouble when you visit
    Last edited by zooma; 24-10-2019 at 03:07 PM.

Heating OK

When we refurbished our 10 meter range earlier this year and fitted the new target changers we also had the range re-wired and fitted some heaters along the sides and ends of the of the cellar and we have been waiting to find out how effective they would be at taking the chill off of our cellar range as the evenings become colder.

A large quantity of long tubular steel heaters became available when the church heating upstairs was up-graded and these old traditional heaters that had been installed underneath the rows of pews became redundant.

Well the answer is that they work very well (they can become too hot to touch!) and we have found ourselves turning them off or only switching a few of them on as we don't want the range to be too hot!

Fortunately we had all of these heaters individually wired so we can switch some of them off as the range gets a little too warm to be comfortable - especially when wearing a shooting jacket!

Quite a change from being too cold in previous winters to complaining about it getting too warm this year!

So - no more sitting around your tongue while you suck a Polo mint.

No more standing around the one and only fire and when it got really cold - you lit it. The range was THAT cold the lights came on when you opened the door.

So cold you had your hands in your own pockets. No more little metal monkeys looking for a welder.