Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 23 of 23

Thread: Rossendale MTC - refurbished club range now "officially" opened.

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Posts
    1,577
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Perhaps you would like to be the first to try to record a 50 ex 50 at 10 meters with your air pistol live on our range?

    You seem to be able to do it on your own range often enough, so this would be your chance to get your name recorded for posterity (but for a good reason this time!) by recording the first "possible" on the refurbished club range.
    Put a sticker on the card, Bob and he'll be there for ever, never mind posterity....

    ATB
    Mike.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.eu ----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... you'll be able to meet Andy (from up North) there

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rossendale and Formby
    Posts
    4,630
    We have some spare stickers from the days when us and the Ribby club used to shoot 10 meter MPL together - maybe that would be enough to encourage him to have a go?

    Failing that you could come over and set the record and take the honour away from him

    That should go down really well!
    Rossendale Model Target Club every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Blackburn, Lancs. (under a bridge)
    Posts
    20,583
    I will have you know Ive done 50 ex 50 at a variety of ranges including North Manchester, Rochdale, Rivi and of course, when I lower my standards - yours.

    What nights do you shoot 10m? I cant be bothered with this 6 yard, poke em with a long pencil, stuff.

    ATB
    Ian

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rossendale and Formby
    Posts
    4,630
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    I will have you know Ive done 50 ex 50 at a variety of ranges including North Manchester, Rochdale, Rivi and of course, when I lower my standards - yours.

    What nights do you shoot 10m? I cant be bothered with this 6 yard, poke em with a long pencil, stuff.

    ATB
    Ian
    Hi Ian,

    I cannot remember seeing a 50 ex 50 air pistol score from you shot live on our range at 10 metres, and I reckon if you had shot one then we would all know about it - probably for months to follow too!

    As one of the first to support our club when I first started it, it would be nice if you were to be the first to hit a "possible" on our newly refurbished range. We certainly shot in a lot worse conditions when we first started the club - as I am sure you will remember!

    The refurbished club range will give you your best opportunity to "put the record straight" with good lighting, warm conditions and good target changers - quite a bit different to when we saw you last.

    We seldom shoot 6 yards at our club - maybe once a month (by agreement) when we fancy a change or get all nostalgic about maintaining the classic British 6 yard shooting distance and shoot our MPL targets - something we all enjoy and find just as challenging as shooting at 10 meters.

    Our club nights have never changed, we still shoot on Tuesday and Thursday evenings but we are having a break over the Easter holiday period as one of us will be celebrating a 70th birthday next week and the rest of us are up to no good somewhere else!

    Let me know when you are coming - there is a possibility that we will be shooting at 6 yards next Thursday night and I know that the small 6 yard targets are too much of a challenge for you so it would be best avoided
    Rossendale Model Target Club every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Blackburn, Lancs. (under a bridge)
    Posts
    20,583
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post

    Let me know when you are coming - there is a possibility that we will be shooting at 6 yards next Thursday night and I know that the small 6 yard targets are too much of a challenge for you so it would be best avoided
    May I remind you who was the National Postal 6 Yard Pistol Champion in 2013. I have the trophy somewhere. I think its hiding under a paper clip.

    And yes, Ive done at least 2 50 ex 50 at yours over the proper distance of 10m. Remember you studied one intently because you had never seen one before.

    I will give you plenty of advance notice when Im coming over so you can get the new Stanah Stair Lift warmed up.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rossendale and Formby
    Posts
    4,630
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    May I remind you who was the National Postal 6 Yard Pistol Champion in 2013. I have the trophy somewhere. I think its hiding under a paper clip.

    And yes, Ive done at least 2 50 ex 50 at yours over the proper distance of 10m. Remember you studied one intently because you had never seen one before.

    I will give you plenty of advance notice when Im coming over so you can get the new Stanah Stair Lift warmed up.
    6 yards? - that was when you were much younger and still able to see the fine detail in the magnificent trophy that was custom made to suite your stature (and not too heavy for you to carry home).

    Advance warning of your threatened visit would give us time to grease the stairs to help you glide smoothly down into the range

    Have you bought any more bargain shooting gloves recently?
    Rossendale Model Target Club every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Blackburn, Lancs. (under a bridge)
    Posts
    20,583
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post

    Have you bought any more bargain shooting gloves recently?
    Yes but they had two fingers missing. I only noticed when I was saying 'Goodnight' to you.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rossendale and Formby
    Posts
    4,630
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Yes but they had two fingers missing. I only noticed when I was saying 'Goodnight' to you.
    Remind me again - you shoot rifle left handed and you bought a left handed rifle shooting glove?

    I shoot rifle right handed and use “your bargain glove” every week - it seems to work better for me than it did for you
    Rossendale Model Target Club every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •