Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rossendale MTC - refurbished club range now "officially" opened.

Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post

May have turned out to be a more expensive night than anticipated however as having given it said thought it is a yes please will drop you a pm and sort my next visit very soon,

Cheers
    Nige
    Hes not stung you for £30 for a right handers shooting glove has he?

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post

ATB
    Ian
    Right handed yes but a glove no, and he's not stung me at all, the wife has kindly offered to buy me an early birthday pressie
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

ATB
    Ian
    I suppose you think you have “sole rights” to selling right handed shooting gloves in our club eh - but although my superbly fitting and very comfortable glove came from a dubious and extremely dodgy source I have no plans to part with it anytime soon!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Right handed yes but a glove no, and he's not stung me at all, the wife has kindly offered to buy me an early birthday pressie
    Im up to my 137th birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    I suppose you think you have “sole rights” to selling right handed shooting gloves in our club eh - but although my superbly fitting and very comfortable glove came from a dubious and extremely dodgy source I have no plans to part with it anytime soon!
    My motto: Satisfaction guaranteed with warranty (what time is it? )

My motto: Satisfaction guaranteed with warranty (what time is it? )[/QUOTE]

I am indeed very happy with my purchase from you - but as they say “even dodgy used car dealers sell a good-un by mistake now and again”

I must have got lucky that day or you sold me the wrong glove!

[QUOTE=I. J.;7689868]Im up to my 137th birthday.

I realise that this is a purely hypothetical question for you to answer, but “How old would you be in normal human years?”

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)

I realise that this is a purely hypothetical question for you to answer, but “How old would you be in normal human years?”
    None - but approximately 8.75142 dog years.
    Last edited by mikec4; 20-05-2019 at 10:32 AM.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

I have noticed in life that your first few birthdays and your last few birthdays are very similar. On both occasions you need help to blow the candles on your cake out.

The last birthday cake I had with candles caused a candle shortage in this area and three fire engines attended the blaze.

I have noticed in life that your first few birthdays and your last few birthdays are very similar. On both occasions you need help to blow the candles on your cake out.

The last birthday cake I had with candles caused a candle shortage in this area and three fire engines attended the blaze.
    ...a lower table could help you get close enough to blow you candles out
    Last edited by zooma; 27-05-2019 at 10:58 AM.

...a lower table could help !
    .... or a fire proof suit.

..it was all going so well until....

Everything was going so well at the club last night - until Nige asked if we would like to try his LP5

Nige then showed us the targets used for "rapid fire" and explained the times for each shot sequence and offered a "tap" on the shoulder to start the 5 shot sequence and another at 10 seconds or 20 seconds to indicate the time expiry of the time period.

This may not seem like a "high-tec" timing method, but it was a really good way to try this discipline and to understand the amount of time that is available for each 5 shot sequence.

Now we are talking about fitting a target turning fitting to our HARING target changers so we can add this new (to us) discipline to our clubs activities!

So - if anyone has an LP5 or an LP 50 they would like to sell (at a reasonable price) - please contact me by PM or email as it looks like we can offer it a very good home!

Thanks Nige

Everything was going so well at the club last night - until Nige asked if we would like to try his LP5

Nige then showed us the targets used for "rapid fire" and explained the times for each shot sequence and offered a "tap" on the shoulder to start the 5 shot sequence and another at 10 seconds or 20 seconds to indicate the time expiry of the time period.

This may not seem like a "high-tec" timing method, but it was a really good way to try this discipline and to understand the amount of time that is available for each 5 shot sequence.

Now we are talking about fitting a target turning fitting to our HARING target changers so we can add this new (to us) discipline to our clubs activities!

So - if anyone has an LP5 or an LP 50 they would like to sell (at a reasonable price) - please contact me by PM or email as it looks like we can offer it a very good home!

Thanks Nige
    Happens every time
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Although it was Robin that pushed me to take up rapid fire to improve my shooting it was Nige that found the LP10 for me, think there are five or six at our club that now shoot rapid and it is a blast. There is one discipline where you only have 3 seconds to come from 45 degrees and pull the trigger on a turning target and I watched quite a few youngsters doing it at Bisley and they were very good at it, and that was over a distance of 25m. The sec of the British Pistol Club told me the five shot pistol disciplines that were shot with multi shot "real" pistols at 25m are becoming more popular and shot with air. Whole now world!

Quote Originally Posted by thirdwheel View Post
    Although it was Robin that pushed me to take up rapid fire to improve my shooting it was Nige that found the LP10 for me, think there are five or six at our club that now shoot rapid and it is a blast. There is one discipline where you only have 3 seconds to come from 45 degrees and pull the trigger on a turning target and I watched quite a few youngsters doing it at Bisley and they were very good at it, and that was over a distance of 25m. The sec of the British Pistol Club told me the five shot pistol disciplines that were shot with multi shot "real" pistols at 25m are becoming more popular and shot with air. Whole now world!
    There is one discipline where you only have 3 seconds to come from 45 degrees and pull the trigger

We did give this a brief go and the results were about the same as mine

Thanks again to Bob and Paul for making me so welcome, another pleasant evening of chat and shooting, a chance to see some classic CO2 pistols that I have not seen for a few years now and a drive round the following day to explore some absolutely stunning scenery, Not only is Rossendale MTC a friendly and welcoming club it is set in one of the most beautiful area's I get to visit, I always like to bring home a souvenir from my visits around the country, normally a postcard or similar, This time I got to bring home a lovely LP10
    Last edited by nige346; 30-05-2019 at 10:32 AM.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,

There is one discipline where you only have 3 seconds to come from 45 degrees and pull the trigger

We did give this a brief go and the results were about the same as mine

Thanks again to Bob and Paul for making me so welcome, another pleasant evening of chat and shooting, a chance to see some classic CO2 pistols that I have not seen for a few years now and a drive round the following day to explore some absolutely stunning scenery, Not only is Rossendale MTC a friendly and welcoming club it is set in one of the most beautiful area's I get to visit, I always like to bring home a souvenir from my visits around the country, normally a postcard or similar, This time I got to bring home a lovely LP10
    You don't know how lucky you were Nige - you could have been fobbed-off with an old glove from IJ - like I was !
    Last edited by zooma; 30-05-2019 at 04:07 PM.