Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rossendale MTC - refurbished club range now "officially" opened.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    You don't know how lucky you were Nige - you could have been fobbed-off with an old glove from IJ - like I was !
    That 'old glove' as you call it as earned me hero status throughout the North West airgun fraternity. One of the very few to get one over on ZOOMA.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    That 'old glove' as you call it as earned me hero status throughout the North West airgun fraternity. One of the very few to get one over on ZOOMA.
    ...if only that were true...

But it is so good to know you now have Super Hero status within the North West airgun fraternity as I know you were already held in very high esteem in the Rivvy Club.

I still have that old glove of yours and I wouldn’t sell it for the world as it means so much to me

... mainly because it reminds me that someone managed to sell you a glove that was totally useless to you and that deserves respect because he had to get up really early to pull that one over on you !

I think he is a REAL Super Hero and a legend
    Last edited by zooma; 23-10-2019 at 08:41 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

We shot our first LP5 at the club last night and we were very impressed with its smooth trigger and accuracy.
    As a single shot pistol is was a lot better than we expected it to be as we had heard that the triggers on LP5,s were not that good, but this one is nice.
    As a rapid fire pistol we found the action to be smooth and trouble free so we are really happy with it and hope to be able to find another one (CO2 or PCP) as soon as possible.
    We would also consider a nice LP50 if one should crop-up !
    Our LP5 is the standard length pistol, we have never seen a “short” LP5 or LP50 but it has been suggested that the short pistols “point” faster and could be better than the standard length for rapid fire?
    Hopefully we will get to see one sometime, but for now we are more than happy with our standard length LP5.

Had nearly two years so far of trouble free shooting with my LP5, I have just reset my trigger to factory settings since was shooting with the trigger how it was when I got it, The factory settings are very good indeed and made a huge improvement over where I have been shooting with it suggesting that these settings are about right, One of our club members shoots the short version and does very well with it, I find it too light but that's a personal thing,

The LP5 standard is actually already shorter than the LP50 Standard so worth bearing in mind,
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Glad you have found one to play with, you will be very pleased how the five shot will improve all of your shooting as you just do it and not over think it, yes i'm a convert, and glad to see Nige has cost you some money too. The short LP50 at our club is electronic too so a real rare beast and the trigger is just superb. It will be interesting to feel how your trigger has improved Nige as I'm sure mine is not at it's best but the adjustment screw are frozen. Now all you need is to find some somewhere near you that has 25m turning targets as it works fine at that distance too.

Quote Originally Posted by thirdwheel View Post
    Now all you need is to find some somewhere near you that has 25m turning targets as it works fine at that distance too.
    It makes no difference whether the pistol works well at 25m or not if the eyesight can't do it George !

The Royal IJ Visit.

It looks like IJ has finally forgiven us for not inviting him to be our "special guest celebrity" to officially open the updated range facility for us as he came to the club last night for the first time since we completed our refurbishments and fitted the electronic target changers.

As always it was nice to have his company and hope that he can remember where he left his pistol so he can bring it with him next time

I wanted to cut the string (s) to officially open the range but ZOOMA wouldn't let me.

I know exactly where I left my pistol. I didn't bring it because your always dipping into my pellets.

I wanted to cut the string (s) to officially open the range but ZOOMA wouldn't let me.

I know exactly where I left my pistol. I didn't bring it because your always dipping into my pellets.

The strings that you wanted to cut were the ones that are attached to our new target changers !

...and anyone that risks a dip into your pellet stash would need a tetanus injection - not worth the risk IMHO

It was also nice to have Greg visit us at RMTC for the first time last night - the first of many we hope!

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    The strings that you wanted to cut were the ones that are attached to our new target changers !

So ?

So ?
    .... So? - that's why we always need to make sure you have a "carer" to look after you and keep you out of trouble when you visit
    Last edited by zooma; 24-10-2019 at 03:07 PM.

Heating OK

When we refurbished our 10 meter range earlier this year and fitted the new target changers we also had the range re-wired and fitted some heaters along the sides and ends of the of the cellar and we have been waiting to find out how effective they would be at taking the chill off of our cellar range as the evenings become colder.

A large quantity of long tubular steel heaters became available when the church heating upstairs was up-graded and these old traditional heaters that had been installed underneath the rows of pews became redundant.

Well the answer is that they work very well (they can become too hot to touch!) and we have found ourselves turning them off or only switching a few of them on as we don't want the range to be too hot!

Fortunately we had all of these heaters individually wired so we can switch some of them off as the range gets a little too warm to be comfortable - especially when wearing a shooting jacket!

Quite a change from being too cold in previous winters to complaining about it getting too warm this year!

So - no more sitting around your tongue while you suck a Polo mint.

No more standing around the one and only fire and when it got really cold - you lit it. The range was THAT cold the lights came on when you opened the door.

So cold you had your hands in your own pockets. No more little metal monkeys looking for a welder.

So - no more sitting around your tongue while you suck a Polo mint.

No more standing around the one and only fire and when it got really cold - you lit it. The range was THAT cold the lights came on when you opened the door.

So cold you had your hands in your own pockets. No more little metal monkeys looking for a welder.

Your constant pleading with me to set light to the fire (even though I explained to you that it was an electric fire) was really embarrassing, and the only reason the light came on when the door was opened was because you switched it on when we were trying to hide from you !

The temperature is not the reason why you kept your hands in your pockets - is it any wonder we all went into hiding when we heard you were coming!
    Last edited by zooma; 18-11-2019 at 09:12 PM.