Thread: 20 years in a loft

20 years in a loft

Poor old MK3

I acquired this old girl last month with a few others, it was covered in dust and grime. I left standing for a week with 3 in 1 down the barrel, then worked the underlever a few times to lubricate the cylinder. Perfect recipe for that unique smell that only old classics produce when fired, if it could be bottled, I would sell it as aftershave to fellow Sados. After nothing more than a clean with white spirit and a wipe with an oily rag, she is ready go, including the specks of obligatory white paint that every classic should have....

She wears her age and scars well 😀
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    Spitting image of my Grandads Mk3 even down to the rust and wear. It was the rifle that started it all for me (sadly long since gone) it used to stand it the kitchen and I used to just stand there and stare at it. Great memories

Quote Originally Posted by pjbingham View Post
    Spitting image of my Grandads Mk3 even down to the rust and wear. It was the rifle that started it all for me (sadly long since gone) it used to stand it the kitchen and I used to just stand there and stare at it. Great memories
    Rust? That’s character

I have one very similar but a bit later serial 14xxx sadly someone painted it black and the stock has no finish left but it shoots very well and puts pellets through the same hole at 6yds

Nice wood really! Shame it’s neglected.

Binners you jammy bu**er, what a beautiful stock, Ok condition isn't great but ageing very well, all complete and as it should be. Lovely collectable rifle. ENJOY

Really nice stock.

Thumbs up

That grain/Tiger stripe is very nice for an early stock!!, Normally they're quite bland

You did well there Pete, The mk3 is my fave Webbo!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Hi Peter, if you had spent 20 years in a loft you would have looked in a worse condition than that.

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    Hi Peter, if you had spent 20 years in a loft you would have looked in a worse condition than that.
    I have and I do

Wow!

That certainly brings back memories of my very first air rifle - cobwebs wiped off memory lane!

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Wish I could find one of these in my loft. All I got are structural problems.

Quote Originally Posted by pjbingham View Post
    Same here.... One of my great uncles had a mk3 and it was the first "gun" I ever shot.... at the time it was longer than i was, and my great uncle dug a gardening fork in the ground and put the gun through the handle so it was the right height for me....

A few years later I inherrited that rifle, but in the rashnes of youth i abused it and almost gave it away to get a nice shiny Meteor...