Thread: homeloads in .44 taurus tumbling

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    the heads are .429
    JB ,FAC superten .22, Dr bob quickfill....ruger 10/22...marlin 795ss .44 taurus

Years ago now, but I used to use Unique in .32 ACP, 9mmP and 44 Mag, and it worked very well in all of them, and I never saw a side-on strike.

'Tain't called Unique for nothing.
    ...history... is, indeed, little more than the register of the crimes, follies, and misfortunes of mankind. (Edward Gibbon: Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire)

UPDATE..... glad to say its sorted boys ,few of you boys were bang on ,i finally grew the balls to hammer a lead slug down the barrel

lead flashing is really soft and melts quickly,went thru a doddle ,with my new digi calipers slug was .428 to .432

the first bullet heads from local shop .429 ,were actually nearly all undersize ,so undersize heads....oversize barrel causing gas blowing past sides of lead head

got some .430 from excellent SHELLHOUSE BULLET COMPANY, better,still slight tumble on some

then got .432 ,sorted after all these weeks here is my eyeball pleaser,thanks again boys 25yards 240gr rnfp 6.3g of unique

Last edited by steve R; 07-06-2019 at 05:04 PM.
    JB ,FAC superten .22, Dr bob quickfill....ruger 10/22...marlin 795ss .44 taurus