Thread: Modern Target rifle Lust!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Modern Target rifle Lust!

I think I know the answer to my question, but I'm going to ask it anyway if may!

I started Target shooting and bell target with an FWB300SU, and then bought an FWB601. I now use the 601 exclusively for bell target and the 300 for 10m as I shoot 10m much less often. Both guns are mental accurate and will stack pellets through a single hole when bench rested on bean bags and are super consistent over a chrono.

So my question is, if the 601 I use for comp bell target is so good and I'm winning with it regally always getting 9's and 10's (outward scoring), would 'upgrading' to an expensive super modern 10m rifle help me in any way?

I see the modern rifles and lust over one, but at £2500, it's a mental amount of money for looks if I'm not going to translate the cost into scores when my 601 is so good. Also, my 601 stays consistent and I have to walk away from the line each time I take a shot anyway for bell, so can never take advantage of staying in position. I can never forget to fill the 601 and it doesn't have a 'sweat spot' or regulator !!!!

Rob.

It all comes down to muscle power. In a round, each time you cock the rifle fatigues you, whereas the lad next to you simply cock a the action and drops in a pellet.
    When it comes down to brass tacks, these things matter.
    I'm sure your rifle is just as accurate as a modern PvP target gun, but shooters will take every opportunity to increase their score no matter how small an improvement.
    Donald

The NSRA shop has highly recommended the Walther LG400 Anatomic.
    Any comments?

Hello mate I upgraded from a 601 to an 800,what a difference my 6 yard went up to shooting 285/300 and my 10m from 240/300 up to 270
    I might be selling if you’re interested pm for details and pics
    Regards alan

I'm quite a bit further down the road of looking at a new 10m rifle now. I have talked to a few people and kinda know what I want. I have been offered a very good deal on a Walther LG400 Competition with blue/grey woodwork. The woodwork was added to the deal as that is what I wanted, so I guess it's a custom deal, although Walther do offer custom combos anyway, you just got wait, but this rifle combo is in the UK now ready to buy.

So I'm now giving some very hard thought about selling off three of my guns to pay for this one! My FWB300SU, FWB601 and Steyr Evo10.

The 300 is totally mint and 100% consistent, I'll never be able to replace it with another in this condition!
    The 601 is also totally mint and also 100% consistent. I could replace it, but why bother it's only a 601.
    The Steyr Evo10 is basically brand new and only shot 3 tins of pellets max since buying new about 8 months ago, and I like it, but I hardly ever shoot it now that I've left the pistol club I bought it for!

Is the Walther LG400 really worth giving up two perfect (but old school) target rifles, and give up pistol shooting (that I don't do much now and can always use the clubs Steyr for comps anyway). Is the 400 worth it?