Thread: Modern Target rifle Lust!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrChipShoulder View Post
    OK I understand
    You only bought the LG400 Anatomic because it looks better than your P70 and there is no performance difference.

I have to agree as it was the LG400 Anatomic in blue that I really wanted on the same basis! The NSRA shop could have got their hands on the LG400 Anatomic in blue, but starting with grey and then the blue laminations, so giving the rifle a slightly less blue look. Unfortunately they wanted over £230 more than any other shop for the LG400 Anatomic, and I'm just not going to give that much money away for such a small visual difference (weather I prefer it or not).

So I moved down the list and decided on the LG400 Comp, but now the shop has let me know can't use a CC to purchase firearms from this shop. I think that when you are spending this kind of money, looks DO count !!!

My LG300XT Anatomic was in the usual grey/blue laminate colour - it's called "Blue Angel" - but the LG400 Anatomic rifles are also available in another laminate colour of grey/green that is called "Green Pepper".

See here:- https://www.carl-walther.com/media-center/catalogs.html

When I called Intershoot to buy my LG400 Anatomic from them they only had the Green Pepper colour in stock, but I wanted my LG400 Anatomic to be in the same colour as my previous LG300XT Anatomic (Blue Angel) so I did not buy it from them as they had no idea when another blue one would be available.

I had hoped to either travel over to collect my new rifle from them (Intershoot) or to meet them at one of their regular visits to shoot at Bisley rather than have it posted to a local RFD (we don't have any that are very close to us).

Soon after this my friends were visiting the MEC coaching ranges in Germany when they spotted an unusual new "limited edition" Anthracite coloured LG400 Anatomic on display in the MEC shop and called me with some pictures straight away.

Despite the colour being called Anthracite it is actually more of a lighter grey colour and looked superb so it was bought "there and then" and I had it shipped back to the UK for me - so I never did get my Blue Angel LG400 Anatomic - but I am more than happy with my limited edition Anthracite Anatomic!

Even though I also like the LG400 with the more normal (and ever so slightly less expensive) alloy stocks - I prefer the feel of the wooden Anatomic.
    Last edited by zooma; 13-03-2019 at 04:31 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.