Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aleakto

Modding

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    FWIW my Mk1 Alecto started leaking within a week or two, my RFD sent it back under warranty, it came back with a new valve system and it has been as good as gold ever since.
    Hmmmmm.....nice .... Well at least I've found a parts source and have since ordered all those seals for the valve and compression tube.
    FYI...,there is a little mod you can do to the Alecto where you get in it and turn the pressure valve racked to the right and you pick up about 20% more
    power.......I did it to mine .....There was a nice vid about it ...In a week or two I'll have my new extended barrel with a froggy made suppressor.
    I'll comment on it afterwards.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by Markmelesky View Post
    Hmmmmm.....nice .... Well at least I've found a parts source and have since ordered all those seals for the valve and compression tube.
    FYI...,there is a little mod you can do to the Alecto where you get in it and turn the pressure valve racked to the right and you pick up about 20% more
    power.......I did it to mine .....There was a nice vid about it ...In a week or two I'll have my new extended barrel with a froggy made suppressor.
    I'll comment on it afterwards.
    Mine certainly doesn't need the power turning up, it's quite punchy as it is!

(friendly FYI, we try not to talk about power mods here)

I suspect these guns will last a lot longer if shot mostly at 1 or 2 strokes; 3 strokes puts a bit too much stress on the internals I think, and is not particularly fun to cock for extended sessions.
    Good deals with these members

Mine certainly doesn't need the power turning up, it's quite punchy as it is!

(friendly FYI, we try not to talk about power mods here)

I suspect these guns will last a lot longer if shot mostly at 1 or 2 strokes; 3 strokes puts a bit too much stress on the internals I think, and is not particularly fun to cock for extended sessions.
    Gotcha. Thanks

Nah... worth the try .....I had my doubts though...... I think that would work better for a spring piston rather than a pneumatic.,most especially a leather sealed one........ Looking forward to my extended and threaded barrel. No silencer imports to US but I've already got one on the way from a US company to fit the M10x1.0 threads.
    So I got the threaded and extended barrel for the Alecto......Got a 7" moderator... and the thing is ..amazingly quiet.... Kind of blew me away.the alecto was pretty loud. Always had a good crack to it.. All gone with the moderator......I'm talkin 007 here !

So I got the threaded and extended barrel for the Alecto......Got a 7" moderator... and the thing is ..amazingly quiet.... Kind of blew me away.the alecto was pretty loud. Always had a good crack to it.. All gone with the moderator......I'm talkin 007 here !
    I got the threaded barrel too - incredibly quiet isn't it?

Sshhhhh.

Sure is.....Seems that suppressors work best on non spring piston air guns. Would you agree ?

Speaking of Alectos........What I did with mine after I installed the barrel and suppressor is to remove the front sights. The suppressor has a small socket screw at the front end that I backed out to form a nice front sight post. Height adjustable too.
    I think the longer distance between front and back improve sighting. If you do it be careful , there's a tiny spring and ball bearing in there.

Sure is.....Seems that suppressors work best on non spring piston air guns. Would you agree ?
    Not tried one on a springer tbh, they aren't normally set up to make it easy.
    With regards to your question elsewhere about the P17 mod adaptor I made, I can't find it now but it was a push-in part that just sat in the muzzle break area. I think I made it out of a hinge bolt.

Adapt

Not tried one on a springer tbh, they aren't normally set up to make it easy.
    With regards to your question elsewhere about the P17 mod adaptor I made, I can't find it now but it was a push-in part that just sat in the muzzle break area. I think I made it out of a hinge bolt.
    AAhhh.... It's hard to imagine some kind of push in part that could be made from a hinge bolt that would function as a suppressor adapter. I mean I totally believe you but could you possibly provide more details about that ? Are you one of those guys that are former machinists with cnc's. and Lathes in there shop?
    I'm just interested in finding a way to suppress a P3. Thanks for your time.