Thread: Huntsman Regal HR

Huntsman Regal HR

Decided to go for it and ordered one of these.

Going to go with a selected stock as well.

Anybody else taken the plunge?

What i did notice is how light they are at 2.75kg.

That's almost BSA ultra light for a regged rifle (currently borrowing an ultra after selling the Spartan)

What I have noticed is that some are shown with a black mag and some with silver.

Does anybody know why this is?

Can you spec a black mag?

I can't remember whether my old Regal mag was black or silver.

TIA

Graham

Hi,

They went through a phase of black mags, I think the current ones are silver again. The select stocks are usually very nice.
    Daystate Owners Club new site: www.daystateownersclub.com/forum

I got one in November. If yours is as good you’ll be very pleased mate. It’s very easy to be accurate with them and they’re very consistent. I’m getting around 130 regged shots (.177) and my mag, and the two spares I bought, have a bare aluminium drum. I put a Huggett shroud on mine and it really is a superb hunting rifle.
    The mag on your old Regal was black. I know because I bought it!

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
    I got one in November. If yours is as good you’ll be very pleased mate. It’s very easy to be accurate with them and they’re very consistent. I’m getting around 130 regged shots (.177) and my mag, and the two spares I bought, have a bare aluminium drum. I put a Huggett shroud on mine and it really is a superb hunting rifle.
    The mag on your old Regal was black. I know because I bought it!
    Ha ha I know you did!

Great minds maybe ha ha.

Thanks i thought the mag was black.

Sold the Spartan because I want to get my 9 year old into shooting so I need a light rifle again. The wife will only let me have one gun and the Spartan was way too heavy for him.

Plus I want the option of a mag again.

I don't know what it is but I always missed the little Regal.

I'll probably stick a Huggett on it because I didn't really rate the airstream carbon thing.

It was a toss up between one of these and a Royale but the Royale would have been another ornament really.

Sounds good mate. For me the HR is a much improved rifle. I think you and your son will love it.

Yes it seemed that way when I handled it in the shop.

Quality seemed a lot better.

G

regal HR in 22 cal and its supper accurit

HI, Got a regal HR in 22 cal and its supper accurit gas mine up to 200bar power curve is brilliant, and a normal regal 177cal ultra accurit but only put 175 bar in it for best performence, A good choice , you will not be disappointed.ATB bob....

Always loved the look of them and with a Huma reg they are very attractive indeed. Does anyone know if they are doing a .20 version?

Quote Originally Posted by oneseven View Post
    Always loved the look of them and with a Huma reg they are very attractive indeed. Does anyone know if they are doing a .20 version?
    yeah you can

Quote Originally Posted by fife View Post
    HI, Got a regal HR in 22 cal and its supper accurit gas mine up to 200bar power curve is brilliant, and a normal regal 177cal ultra accurit but only put 175 bar in it for best performence, A good choice , you will not be disappointed.ATB bob....
    how many shots do you get from your huntsman regal hr in .22
    Last edited by gtpkeeper; 22-04-2019 at 10:22 AM.

I've had mine for about 6 weeks now.I am very happy with it,getting 130+ shots from a 240 bar fill,I have now fitted the Huggett shroud as well as the Snipe moderator,I am not sure if it is my imagination but the groups seem to have tightened up.I have only put Soverigns through it so far and I cannot see any other pellet out performing them but it won't stop me trying :) great rifle,classic lines,fantastic performance.