Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone use the £100 BEST Fittings Quick Fill Upgrade Kit - on a Theoben Rapid MK2?

Anyone use the £100 BEST Fittings Quick Fill Upgrade Kit - on a Theoben Rapid MK2?

https://www.bestfittings.co.uk/shop/...-fill-upgrade/

Has anyone used this kit and if so, would they recommend it for a Mk2 Rapid?

I guess the Mike Tawn Rapid Quick Fill System - Regulated "V" type, which replaces my Mk 2's regulator would be a more 'complete' solution but I'm not keen on drilling the stock and as the rifle will only ever be used on a 25 yd home range, then the bottle going forward by 55mm is no big deal. However, I will be using a sling on the buddy bottle bipod ring thingy so there will be some sideways/vertical force on the bottle's attachment but not too much for this adaptor I'd think.

Any comments welcome.

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

BEST Fittings Theoben Rapid MK1 and MK2 Quick Fill Upgrade.

The perfect Quick Fill Upgrade that requires no modifications to the stock or action and gives you an on board gauge and filling solution that dispenses with having to remove the buddy bottle for filling.

The unit, which is simple to fit, requires no modifications to the gun, and is fully removable without any special tools and takes only a few minutes to install.

Once fitted, simply connect the supplied connector to your fill line, clip on, fill up, bleed the line and remove. Job done in 30 seconds without any more wear on your buddy bottle threads!

Main Features:

No modifications to the stock required
    Read remaining gun cylinder pressure
    No need to change Buddy Bottle valve
    Can interchange with a spare bottle
    No need to remove the bottle for filling
    Fully de-mountable
    Moves bottle forward 55mm
    Kit includes:

Quick Fill Assembly
    Gauge
    Valve
    Cover Cap
    Custom Spanner
    Filling Connector

The bottle on a Rapid makes it pretty front heavy anyway, shoving it 2" further out towards the muzzle is going to seriously unbalance it.
    I'd give it a try with your bottle taped to the barrel allowing the gap to see just how bad it feels.

quick fill

got one on one of my MK1s, fitted in 5 mins no leaks and cannot notice any imbalance with it, got a 280cc bottle on it which probably helps,got fed up unscrewing the bottle, a good bit of kit.
    MK1 7/12 14" CZ barrel. , Dustin mod.Kevg reg. Bb valve , titanium tube, bushy legend. MK2 177,Kevg reg.silent pip,MK4 trigger,Bucketboy shroud.ssg spring, Nikon monarch

I've got one on a mk1 with a 400cc bottle and had to nibble about 3mm out the stock for the fit.

I had one fitted to a mk2 and it worked just fine. Did have a problem after a few months and best fittings sent out replacement parts at no cost to myself. Would recommend to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by PIL1 View Post
    Thanks for that. Surprised though that you had to do this as I thought they were suggesting that no modifications were necessary to the stock...
    Last edited by BigDuncs; 12-03-2019 at 08:24 PM. Reason: sp

Thanks to everyone else for your comments too.

I had one fitted to my mk2 works great.

Thanks all. Just ordered one!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDuncs View Post
    Thanks for that. Surprised though that you had to do this as I thought they were suggesting that no modifications were necessary to the stock...
    Yeah, I wasn't best pleased especially after reading no modifications to the stock needed. On the whole, it does work well and dead easy to fill.

Think I'm beaten...

Kit arrived today and got it fitted no problem. But, had to take the suppressor/moderator off to get the bottle screwed back on and then couldn't get the suppressor back on. There's too little barrel forward of the bottle.

https://imgur.com/ABdxpSS

The pic shows the approx position of the suppressor before I removed it.

Any suggestions? TIA.

Have your barrel screw cut to take half inch unf mod.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by nevadacowboy View Post
    Have your barrel screw cut to take half inch unf mod.
    Thanks but with the additional expense of that, I'd probably prefer to get the Rapid Quick Fill System - Regulated "V" type and take the hit on drilling the stock! I do have several mods though which are half inch unf thread.

I understand not wanting to cut a good stock, although I dont see the problem filling a rapid, you could simply fit a bigger bottle and lower power for 25yd plinking, Ive a .22 set at 9ftlb and this added loads of shots and made rapport a lot less, so two birds with one stone

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars