Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone use the £100 BEST Fittings Quick Fill Upgrade Kit - on a Theoben Rapid MK2?

Quote Originally Posted by BigDuncs View Post
    Thanks but with the additional expense of that, I'd probably prefer to get the Rapid Quick Fill System - Regulated "V" type and take the hit on drilling the stock! I do have several mods though which are half inch unf thread.
    Could you get a half inch unf slide on adaptor on the barrel?
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by 32:1 View Post
    I understand not wanting to cut a good stock, although I dont see the problem filling a rapid, you could simply fit a bigger bottle and lower power for 25yd plinking, Ive a .22 set at 9ftlb and this added loads of shots and made rapport a lot less, so two birds with one stone

Chris
    Bloomin heck. Excellent idea, as all I'm doing is 25 yd shooting in a well sheltered home range. Thanks for this. Haven't played with the power of my Rapid so here's something to learn up on. (There's not actually a big issue with refilling the rapid but as I'm shooting over 100 a day at the moment, it's a bit tedious taking off the bipod/sling band and then the bottle. Tedious enough for me to spend £100 getting this quick fill! And I've just bought a 500ml bottle as well....

Quote Originally Posted by nevadacowboy View Post
    Could you get a half inch unf slide on adaptor on the barrel?
    Yep, will have a look for this as well, thanks. The bottle is coming close to touching the barrel at the front and I'm not sure if that's normal or not but that could indeed be another solution.

Much appreciated chaps. Thanks again.

I dont use a clamped bipod for that reason, my nephew has bought a clamp thats quick to remove, off thebay. (I'll get a link and pm you)

You must be getting more than 100 shots surely ?

If not get the old girl serviced

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Quote Originally Posted by 32:1 View Post
    I dont use a clamped bipod for that reason, my nephew has bought a clamp thats quick to remove, off thebay. (I'll get a link and pm you)

You must be getting more than 100 shots surely ?

If not get the old girl serviced

Chris
    Thanks again Chris. No, the bipod clamp is for sling attachment as that's what I use in full bore.
    I get a couple of hundred shots but it's still being refilled every other day or so -depending on initial fill pressure of course from my tank - which needs refilled itself!

kevG is online now Longest unaltered member...
    why not just reg it and double shot count.also makes much more easy to bleed of.or mfr type reg.even more easy for bottle removel
    kevG

Quote Originally Posted by kevG View Post
    why not just reg it and double shot count.also makes much more easy to bleed of.or mfr type reg.even more easy for bottle removel
    kevG
    That's what I'm thinking ie to lower power and with my new 500 cc bottle, that should do me....

I've never fiddled with my PCPs so maybe a trip back to you again Kev is what's needed.... It's the Mk2 0.177 version.

Feeling stupid that I never thought of suppressors getting in the way if I push the bottle forward a couple of inches....