Thread: Tell 3 pistol disassembly- the back pin?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tell 3 pistol disassembly- the back pin?

I remember reading that you have to remove the pin in the back of the Tell 3 cap so that you can turn it. I see no way to remove it? Is there a trick to it? There is nothing to get a hold of?

Pretty sure you need to drill it out - also note the grip frame has to be removed in order for the cap to rotate because the sear bar fits in a clearance cut in the cap.

Don R.

Quote Originally Posted by draitzer View Post
    Pretty sure you need to drill it out - also note the grip frame has to be removed in order for the cap to rotate because the sear bar fits in a clearance cut in the cap.

Don R.
    What was Mr Foss thinking? Lol

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    I have only disassembled three of these but in each case the pin came out fairly easily. It seems to have been made to be a loose fit and once out didn't need much pushing back. Tapping and turning the cap slightly backwards and forwards allowed enough of it to emerge so that you could pull itout with pliers. Of course I could have been just lucky. Not a great design feature though whichever way you look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    I have only disassembled three of these but in each case the pin came out fairly easily. It seems to have been made to be a loose fit and once out didn't need much pushing back. Tapping and turning the cap slightly backwards and forwards allowed enough of it to emerge so that you could pull itout with pliers. Of course I could have been just lucky. Not a great design feature though whichever way you look at it.
    That’s what I thought I read before. I’ve got three now and the boxed one seems like that would possibly happen easily, but it’s fine and no reason to mess with it. The other two I would like to take apart, one is low on power and the other will not stay cocked? But those two aren’t wanting to fall out, but just started, just wanted to know I was on the right track, appears I am. Thanks.

I think I may have to give the nod to Hugo Schmeisser for design with the 28, no pins! Just screw it off. Foss’s design is pretty complex it seems to me?. The way it cocks then part of the mechanism moved back as you pull up the barrel?
    Last edited by 45flint; 12-03-2019 at 10:12 PM.

Working the lubricant into the mechanism seems to be helping the cocking issue on the second one from the auction. I’m sure it hasn’t seen oil in a while? Low power is on my old one with the cracked grip, not sure that’s critical at this point? But on both of these, that pin doesn’t move at all?
    Last edited by 45flint; 12-03-2019 at 10:50 PM.