Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remember Kassnar?

Quote Originally Posted by Clanchief View Post
    As per my picture, I got the scope off here maybe 18 month ago, unused and never mounted, in the box with all the papers and silicone pkt even, it sat on a 70's 300
    The 70's 300 is a bit early. No big deal by to my mind better on an mid to late 80's rifle. Plenty of good rifles to go on. From Original 45's to BSA Goldstar Superstar, any early Theoben.

No one is going to make more of these older price sensitive of their time scopes. They are collectable, and be increasingly so. Find some and look after them. I think the 1980's were an important time in air rifle history; the changeover time from springers to PCP. Those Jap scopes took the sub 12ft/lbs air rifles beyond the farmyard.

Scope manufacture moved out of Japan as Japanese labour got too expensive. Sometimes all the machinery, which is why identical scopes can be found. Taiwan, the Philippines, and now China. I keep stating Simmons as in 1992 when the WTC arrived, that when the scope business saw great change again. New machinery, changes in labour costs, and importantly cheaper high quality glass. Huge progress. However, not all modern scopes are good.

I have a 3x9 on my BSF s70 suits it too

I've got a 3-9x40 on an original 45 that suits .

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post
    I've got a 3-9x40 on an original 45 that suits .
    Ha Ha I remember

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    Ha Ha I remember
    Thought you might I'm taking very good care of them