Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    Anyone?
    Dog Grooming.

Quote Originally Posted by artschool View Post
    only reason I don't read them now is that there isn't a DG section
    Anyone?
    Nope?...not a clue?...

...unless!...is "DG" one of those alphabetical letter code things that those brightly clothed types use to describe themselves?

Dual gender perhaps?...or double gusset even?...

C'mon, fess up Artschool, is it fat birds or glocks in frocks that takes your fancy?
    Last edited by DCL_dave; 17-03-2019 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Edit to remove slight profanity
    blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Each to their own.

I'm a happy subscriber to both Airgun World and Airgunner and believe they're brilliant value for money.

Airgunner, in my opinion, has improved immeasurably over the last few years.

I don't hunt these days so don't often read all of the hunting articles, but do find Phil Hardman's and Charlie Portlock's contributions very interesting.

Terry's writing style is awesome, as it always has been and I wouldn't miss a Jim Tyler instalment for anything. Many other excellent writers, too, like John Milewski and I think Mark Cammocio's articles are one of the factors in Airgunner's improvement.

The team are always asking their readership for ways that they would like the magazines to improve, and this has resulted, for example, in more pistol articles in recent times.

Long may both titles prosper.

Hi Tony, i agree with your post 100% ,i do hunt and i read all the articles
    1 enjoy both mags and long may they prosper!!!
    atb brian

Anyone?

I thought that was obvious

It stands for DO GO and he is on about a section that would advice all airgunners to 'Do Go' to the next Kempton Fair on 24th(next Sunday.

Glad I could help, solving that mystery

gave up with all the comics. it became all repeats of repeats. if i dont know how to reblue or respring from one comic why buy the other.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.

Interesting reading this thread. I take both AG and AGW on subscription and have done for many years. They both offer excellent interesting reading. Nothing better than when the post comes and I can settle with a coffee and a bikkie or two for a while. Of the two, AGW is my favourite as I find AG very hunting biased, which though I read the articles with interest, is not my scene. Having said that I do not object to anyone hunting and do a little pest control (rats) here, shared with our cat. Maybe less of the rabbits / rats or whatever laid out in rows as trophies though, but that is a very minor point. Another very minor point is that sometimes an author will refer to a Figure / Table or whatever in the text but it is nowhere to be seen in the article. Sometimes a shame but mostly a niggle. A comment above was about repeated article topics over the years. Yes, it would be nice for long term readers to always have something new with no repeats but we must not forget that readership is a changing field and what may be a repeat to one person is a totally new topic to another. So it does not bother me. All good coffee time stuff to take my mind off matters of the day. Favourites: Jim of course plus history, technical and strip articles.
    Keep going, please.
    Cheers, Phil

Me too

I also subscribe to both AG and AGW. I prefer the later, but with new Editor Dave Barham now steering AG, things are looking up. The collecting sections and Jimbo make it for me, as I know everything else about shooting

Gunmart, Shooting Sports, The Armourer and Britain at War also hit my doormat and feature some great flyers/adverts covering certain Fairs

Quote Originally Posted by max headroom View Post
    gave up with all the comics. it became all repeats of repeats. if i dont know how to reblue or respring from one comic why buy the other.
    Ironic that you disparagingly call them "comics" when you have the literacy of a Janet and John reader.

Gap year

I recently took out a digital subscription after a gap of a year from my last one finishing. I was able to read all the issues I missed from the archive.

Originally I ended my subscription because of the 100 or so pages, when you removed the adverts etc and then the topics that weren’t of interest there were about 16 pages left.

Wasn’t happy at first that an email told me I had signed up to auto renewal of my new subscription, don’t remember doing that, but an email to them sorted that out easily.
    HW30STL .177, HW45 Blackstar .177, HW77 .177, LGV Challenger .177, BSA Airsporter S Mk1 .22. Original 65 .177, BSA Lightning GRT .177, HW99 .177.

Anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    Dog Grooming.
    Quote Originally Posted by DCL_dave View Post
    Nope?...not a clue?...

...unless!...is "DG" one of those alphabetical letter code things that those brightly clothed types use to describe themselves?

Dual gender perhaps?...or double gusset even?...

C'mon, fess up Artschool, is it fat birds or glocks in frocks that takes your fancy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    I thought that was obvious

It stands for DO GO and he is on about a section that would advice all airgunners to 'Do Go' to the next Kempton Fair on 24th(next Sunday.

Glad I could help, solving that mystery
    Dangerous Game

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    Ironic that you disparagingly call them "comics" when you have the literacy of a Janet and John reader.
    Mr C such sarcasm is is unbecoming of your good self !!!!
    atb brian

Quote Originally Posted by p.j. View Post
    I grew up with Airgun world/Airgunner/Sporting air rifle, all these magazines made me the fanatic I am today.
    Didn't you get the "Real Airgun Sport" p.j. ?

Though I must say, as a springer fan these are one of my prized possessions :-

image.jpg

I make folks wear cotton gloves to read them --- like they do with the Magna Carta on Time Team.

I should have mentioned Airgun Sport, whoa SAR in binders, now that is lmpressive. I have most of the issues in my collection, which I often consult. I've not had the opportunity to ever see the last few months worth.
    I do however have the quarry recognition chart from issue 1. A few years back my wife nearly cut out the squirrel picture for my daughters school project 😱

Quote Originally Posted by p.j. View Post
    I should have mentioned Airgun Sport, whoa SAR in binders, now that is lmpressive. I have most of the issues in my collection, which I often consult. I've not had the opportunity to ever see the last few months worth.
    I do however have the quarry recognition chart from issue 1. A few years back my wife nearly cut out the squirrel picture for my daughters school project 😱
    As well as the quarry recognition chart in SAR there was also free fold out silhouette targets on a big sheet.

A couple of years ago I bought two full sheets of 4mm plate to laser cut the silhouettes out of for new targets at Quigley Hollow.
    Unfortunately I bought 30 + silhouette targets from forum member, Elk Hunter, before I ever got to the laser cutters so they never got made.