Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Crosman 2250b Tactical

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    87

    Red face Crosman 2250b Tactical

    Hi!

    Having been away from air rifles and shooting for a good few years I came across an old 2250 barrel and trigger frame in a box, then the enivitable happened. The result of which is my custom ratty pictured below, not to everyoneís taste Iím sure but Iíve done lovely walnut custom ratties in the past and fancied a change and I love it.

    Forgot how much I enjoyed working on my air rifles and how much it enjoyed emptying my wallet.

    Can safely say though that Iím looking forward to getting back into shooting properly again.

    Will post details of the work carried out and mods (and the mods to the mods!) when Iíve got a bit more time! Just wanted to share because Iím pretty pleased with it!

    https://ibb.co/VHCTWtF
    https://ibb.co/f9ZLtGk
    https://ibb.co/NV17wwn
    https://ibb.co/944kkdX
    https://ibb.co/G0jQZ9z
    https://ibb.co/tX6hnFs

    Cheers,

    Ed
    Last edited by steadysniper; 14-03-2019 at 06:42 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Batley
    Posts
    578
    Looks tidy for a ratty does that mate, I've always fancied doing one myself but can't bring myself to have £400 in one lol.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Retford, Notts
    Posts
    21,818
    I don't usually go for anything "tactical" but that does look very purposeful, Ed.

    And I can only start to imagine the painstaking work that has been poured into it.

    What breech is that?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- April 6/7, 2019. BOING!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    aberdeenshire
    Posts
    16,730



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Norwich
    Posts
    6,769
    Gotta love the 22xx and 13xx platforms.
    I'm well into a 1377 custom mini carbine project at the moment and loving it.

    Theres something really cool about creating a real bespoke gun to your own spec and taste.
    Norwich City Target Club
    Coltishall & District Rifle Club
    Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is Non-Airgun Related!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Norwich
    Posts
    6,769
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    What breech is that?
    Looks like a Gmac multi-shot one to me...
    Norwich City Target Club
    Coltishall & District Rifle Club
    Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is Non-Airgun Related!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,654
    I think that needs more Picatinny rails.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    By the nature reserve, in the Great Outwood, Wakef
    Posts
    7,837
    That looks pretty cool

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    aberdeenshire
    Posts
    16,730
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Valentine View Post
    That looks pretty cool
    I still need to get the one I have here down to you. Very busy at work and this bloody airgun license horlicks.

    Will get it down to you soon.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    By the nature reserve, in the Great Outwood, Wakef
    Posts
    7,837
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    I still need to get the one I have here down to you. Very busy at work and this bloody airgun license horlicks.

    Will get it down to you soon.
    Chuck it up in the air, this wind will have it down here by dinner time, it’s gusting up to 55mph this morning

    Cheers, Paul

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    aberdeenshire
    Posts
    16,730
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Valentine View Post
    Chuck it up in the air, this wind will have it down here by dinner time, itís gusting up to 55mph this morning

    Cheers, Paul
    Not much wind here. We have a crane on site and they stop using at certain wind speeds.

    You will make the 2250 look a million times better than it is just now.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    By the nature reserve, in the Great Outwood, Wakef
    Posts
    7,837
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Not much wind here. We have a crane on site and they stop using at certain wind speeds.

    You will make the 2250 look a million times better than it is just now.
    Just been up to my local club. At 30 yards I was having to aim off by two mill dots

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Borehamwood
    Posts
    5,557
    Looking very good mate - what picatinny fore-end is that? I searched around quite a bit for one for my crosman (similar set up to yours but shorter) and I couldn't find one that I could be sure would work.
    Good deals with: CannonFodder, bozzer, danny20, dexter151, DJP, Ferrets Bueller, Gareth W-B, Garvin, ggggr, harry mac, Holland7, krazy_horse, Ratsrus, neil ledger, u.k.neil, UPINSMOKE, wilkosp, Zooma

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Letchworth
    Posts
    907
    Quote Originally Posted by steadysniper View Post
    Hi!

    Having been away from air rifles and shooting for a good few years I came across an old 2250 barrel and trigger frame in a box, then the enivitable happened. The result of which is my custom ratty pictured below, not to everyoneís taste Iím sure but Iíve done lovely walnut custom ratties in the past and fancied a change and I love it.

    Forgot how much I enjoyed working on my air rifles and how much it enjoyed emptying my wallet.

    Can safely say though that Iím looking forward to getting back into shooting properly again.

    Will post details of the work carried out and mods (and the mods to the mods!) when Iíve got a bit more time! Just wanted to share because Iím pretty pleased with it!

    https://ibb.co/VHCTWtF
    https://ibb.co/f9ZLtGk
    https://ibb.co/NV17wwn
    https://ibb.co/944kkdX
    https://ibb.co/G0jQZ9z
    https://ibb.co/tX6hnFs

    Cheers,

    Ed
    Nice one Ed, your ratty looks great.
    May I ask where you purchased the pistol grip slip on cover? Looks like it fits well.
    Cheers
    Danny
    My collection = Ratworks BSA Scorpion T-10 .177, HW100KS .177 (tweaked by me) & a custom Crosman 1322

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I don't usually go for anything "tactical" but that does look very purposeful, Ed.

    And I can only start to imagine the painstaking work that has been poured into it.

    What breech is that?
    Itís a GMAC multishot with with rear bolt mate.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •