Thread: Different prices for same item

Different prices for same item

So i'm in need of a male to male silencer adapter. Go to our sponsors website and there's the item i need at £4.99 go to check out and add on postage and that then comes to £7.98 Mmmm lets have a look on that well known site and yes there it is at £5.99 with free postage and from our sponsors so in effect paying an extra £1.99 if ordering from their website. so why is it cheaper on the Bay for the same item i ask myself !!!

Different prices

Same with car parts, needed an air con condenser for a Saab, local dealer would have written car off at his price, phoning dealers in owners club magazine saved nearly £50! Possibly higher rates in cities, new/old stock, apparently happens with supermarkets too! What the local area will stand, how much competition etc. David

Quote Originally Posted by Ragle Jnr View Post
    Same with car parts, needed an air con condenser for a Saab, local dealer would have written car off at his price, phoning dealers in owners club magazine saved nearly £50! Possibly higher rates in cities, new/old stock, apparently happens with supermarkets too! What the local area will stand, how much competition etc. David
    That may be so but this is the same item from the same source but with a £1.98 difference so why ? Perhaps our sponsored would like to comment on this.

Perhaps old stock/new stock ?

It's not a rare occurrence - I've even seen it with motorbikes! Same machine, but the price on the dealer's website was £150 higher than on their bay page.

Not everyone shops on the bay, and the bay is far more competitive with thousands of sellers competing for customers on the same or similar items.
    It's simply a case of adjusting your tackle for different waters
    Donald

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    Not everyone shops on the bay, and the bay is far more competitive with thousands of sellers competing for customers on the same or similar items.
    It's simply a case of adjusting your tackle for different waters
    Yep sounds familiar many years ago I worked at a motorbike parts supplier who were big on ecommerce.

For the lower priced items most listings were cheaper on the bay than on the internet shop and many customers would query this if phoning orders through after they had been surfing the bay and shop.

Usually to keep customers happy it was always suggested that the price on a phone order would be the same as the bay price. The reasons were purely it was just cut throat on the bay with competition from other vendors driving the prices down to compete many items had so little mark up especially with all fees applied it was mainly to keep stock moving more than anything else.