Thread: Fwb 601.

Fwb 601.

Really looking for a bit of guidance here. I have a 601 which was bought on a whim, as it looked nice (yes I know).
    Its never going to be used for its intended purpose so I think its going to move on, but no idea what to sell it for.
    It has the "blond" laminate stock, aluminium accessory rail at the fore end, adjustable cheek piece, and butt pad. Diopter sights, but with no spare inserts.
    It cocks, breech flips up, and shoots as it should, it gives the impression that it is a real quality piece of kit.
    Condition wise its all very good, an odd superficial mark here and there.
    Excuse my total cluelessness, but having shot solidly for 40yrs have never encountered anything like this.
    Any pricing guidance would be gratefully received.

Mr Chip Shoulder has one up in sales for £475.

I know what are the chances of that?

They seem to be very desirable guns again, I've seen a 601 sell for £550 recently although I think £450-500 for a perfect example is about right..
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

When someone wanted a 600 series last year I did a bit of a trawl and found these which didn't sell :-

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....22#post7441422

So when a mate offered me a very nice 602 for £250 I couldn't refuse it, a bit later on in the year I bought a 600 for £275.

I've noticed the pricing of target guns seems to be dependant on the area you live in and whether there are active clubs in that area, I have ten bell target clubs locally to me which tends to drive the price up round here.

All the best Mick

£400-£500 is right for a 601.
    But yours has had it's stock DIY drilled, so is not mint.
    Last edited by MrChipShoulder; 16-03-2019 at 07:52 PM.

Thanks for the replies, gives me something to go one. As Mr Chip says, I have two small hole under the rear stock, which looks like the previous owner drilled to facilitate adjustment of the cheek piece without removing it. Not original, but not a bad idea none the less.