Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new steyr pro x

clever

10 shot semi! Looks like a lot of fun but sadly not £2500 worth.
    TTFN
    N.
    "The only difference between Men and Boys is the price they pay for their Toys."

Quote Originally Posted by LewesNick View Post
    10 shot semi! Looks like a lot of fun but sadly not £2500 worth.
    Why isn’t it worth that money?or is it you wouldn’t personally pay that.

Why o why do they do it lol ? I am perfectly happy with my hunting 5 scout and mk 2 wildcat ...... But am now thinking would this new Bullpup replace both guns ?

I moved my Hunting 5 on a while ago. I bought it from Krale in Holland and it didn't need any warranty repairs. Through an intermediary who was a club member at the time and in contact with Steyr UK for pistol servicing I was led to believe that repairs would be undertaken after the warranty had expired but would have to be paid for. Whether that was policy or something for a friend of a friend I don't know.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Thompson View Post
    Originally posted by woodpigeon : "Why isnÂ’t it worth that money?or is it you wouldnÂ’t personally pay that."

I'm happy to answer that question as being one that can afford to buy such an item and then throw it in the bin a few minutes later. I'd love to own one of them, can you afford to do so similar ? and if so, what warranty would you like from Steyr regarding your expensive (and IMHO ugly) purchase ?

A standard Steyr Hunting 5 costs around £2000 to purchase new, and a few months later wont sell for £1250 or so (JMHO).

In addition whilst in the ownership of the original purchaser, Steyr warranties don't include return to supplier shipping costs, and if you purchase outside of the UK for a better "up front purchase price", Steyr UK won't honour European Wide Steyr warranties and refuse outright to service such purchases.

What's the guaranteed returns for one spending that sort of money, please explain further and I'll speak to those in charge of my finances and rustle up a few bob to buy one, subject to you doing similar also.

Basically, like any Steyr, if it goes wrong you're KFC'D and you could well end up spending a lot of money getting it back into working order (or maybe not as return to European supplier is no longer an option for us Brits (JMHO).

Vic Thompson.
    sorry but you did not answer the question,read the question carefully.and yes i can afford one and no i wouldnt throw it in the bin,strange statement that.btw who cares about second hand prices,exactly the same with most goods.

just for the record vic you decided to answer my question to another member.moving on yes they are expensive,repair and service not hard to get done,btw my h5 sa has had no problems whatsoever so assuming the latest offerings are on par with the quality they are renowned for i cant see the problem in buying one.yes the bullpup is not to everyones taste,and probably a bit too costly for some,but i bet this will beat the pants off any other top quality bull pup out there.would i buy one?yes i would.