Thread: LePage .44

LePage .44

Anyone shooting Pedersoli LePage in .44.? I have been shooting a .433" ball with a .010" patch over 15grns of black powder for
    many a year. Has kept in div 1 of the Hendon postal league for a while. Im finding with a newer pistol iv bought I don't shoot as
    well. So what loads are you using.?? Wondering about going upto a .012" patch as the ball feels quite loose when loading.
    Whats your thoughts.????

I have the Pedersoli Charles Moore in .45 and use a .440 ball with about a 10thou patch (homecut.) Unless the Le page is a totally different barrel .433 would seem pretty loose. My old Ardessa .45 prefers a .445 ball both with around 20gn of swiss #1.

For the Hendon I use my Pedersoli le page in .36 with a .330 Teff Tanner ball with the same patch and 8gn of Swiss #1. As I'm shooting against you in div 1 (current winter league excepted) the above may be duff gen of course!!
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Quote Originally Posted by DesG View Post
    I have the Pedersoli Charles Moore in .45 and use a .440 ball with about a 10thou patch (homecut.) Unless the Le page is a totally different barrel .433 would seem pretty loose. My old Ardessa .45 prefers a .445 ball both with around 20gn of swiss #1.

For the Hendon I use my Pedersoli le page in .36 with a .330 Teff Tanner ball with the same patch and 8gn of Swiss #1. As I'm shooting against you in div 1 (current winter league excepted) the above may be duff gen of course!!
    The way I'm shooting at the moment I will be lucky not to be in div 3 next season!!!

hi tim am using 430 ball an 12tho x 1 inch patch,18 gr weight of hk fine

Many Thanks. Using a .430" ball with a .012" patch in theory should give a .001" tighter fit so worth a try.
    At the weekend I tried using 2 x .006" patches with my .433" balls over 15 grns of TS2 b/p and did get
    possibly a slighter tighter group albeit 4" lower than normal. All Good Fun.!

yup found it fits just nice not too tight or too loose

Needs to fit just right