Thread: Theoben gas ram

Theoben gas ram

Hi all

Roughly how many pumps with a fx pump would you need to recharge a theoben evo gas ram ?

Thanks in advance
    Sideleverjohn

It is best done by trial and error using the gauge on the pump as there are a lot of variables depending on calibre and if it is the H.E. type. I just did a Sirocco Deluxe and started off at 25 BAR, about 350p.s.i. Start with that then try cocking the rifle, if you have in too much it will be hard to cock. To drop pressure tap the valve very lightly with a punch and hammer to release some air and try to cock it again. If it cocks check the velocity over a chrony to see what the fps is. If too high tap the valve again, if too low put another pump in. It can take two or three goes to get right. The Sirocco is a pain as you have to keep putting it in the stock and taking it out to fill as the valve is below the level of the wood at the back.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    It is best done by trial and error using the gauge on the pump as there are a lot of variables depending on calibre and if it is the H.E. type. I just did a Sirocco Deluxe and started off at 25 BAR, about 350p.s.i. Start with that then try cocking the rifle, if you have in too much it will be hard to cock. To drop pressure tap the valve very lightly with a punch and hammer to release some air and try to cock it again. If it cocks check the velocity over a chrony to see what the fps is. If too high tap the valve again, if too low put another pump in. It can take two or three goes to get right. The Sirocco is a pain as you have to keep putting it in the stock and taking it out to fill as the valve is below the level of the wood at the back.

Baz
    Cheers benelli b76

Will go with your advice , thanks

Sideleverjohn