Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Omg !!!

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

Exclamation Omg !!!

Following a resent behind the scenes deal with BBS member Troubledshooter (my 'Go To' man for anything Webley ), and a separate deal with BBS member les allam today for a walnut FN19 .177 (as personally, I see these as being among the imminent 'must have' collectables of the future) -- and all hot on the heels of having to sell a few bits to fund my daughter's Barcelona school trip (which, since pay day, I have replaced) -- I am currently (currently ) in a position I don't think I have EVER been in before, namely: at present, there is not a single air gun on my wish list, as for the first time in m own living memory, I actually own/have in my cabinets/locked pistol boxes/hidden in that secret place (lol), an example of every air gun I currently want, bar none ... Now I acknowledge that this is most likely just an information gathering glitch before my airgun thirst again needs metaphorical quenching, but seriously, anyone else out there at an 'Airgun Collection Complete' level? For it is very unsettling !!!

Last edited by Gareth W-B; 17-03-2019 at 10:56 PM. Reason: coz I can :-D

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Nope, but getting closer.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Good news Gareth, have you got an HW77 Airmasters FTS? I saw one yesterday and I need to have one now. Tomorrow is another day with new desires. Ha!

Nah, don't believe you Gareth

I once read a book which closed with the statement that a true collector's collection is never complete, as the next acquisition is waiting for you....just around the next corner.

Kind regards,

John

I forgets how many times Ive told myself my collection is complete. It IS - until I see/hear of another must have item.

Ive now restricted myself to 'One in - one out'. Thats the best I can hope for.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    So, I.J., what did you sell to make way for the Fwb Sport you just bought off me?
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Following a resent behind the scenes deal with BBS member Troubledshooter (my 'Go To' man for anything Webley ), and a separate deal with BBS member les allam today for a walnut FN19 .177 (as personally, I see these as being among the imminent 'must have' collectables of the future) -- and all hot on the heels of having to sell a few bits to fund my daughter's Barcelona school trip (which, since pay day, I have replaced) -- I am currently (currently ) in a position I don't think I have EVER been in before, namely: at present, there is not a single air gun on my wish list, as for the first time in m own living memory, I actually own/have in my cabinets/locked pistol boxes/hidden in that secret place (lol), an example of every air gun I currently want, bar none ... Now I acknowledge that this is most likely just an information gathering glitch before my airgun thirst again needs metaphorical quenching, but seriously, anyone else out there at an 'Airgun Collection Complete' level? For it is very unsettling !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1uTsqJVAeo

Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    So, I.J., what did you sell to make way for the Fwb Sport you just bought off me?
    A very tidy Airsporter S in .177 I had a duplicate of. The one I’m keeping is boxed.

Gareth can I respectfully suggest you spend some time browsing in my vintage airguns gallery? By the end of it you should have a whole new wishlist. (That's what happens to me anyway - I hardly dare go in there. )

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    A very tidy Airsporter S in .177 I had a duplicate of. The one I’m keeping is boxed.
    I can explain the Webley Tomahawk with the tatty beech stock which I bought on Friday. Well, I felt sorry for it.

ATB
    Ian

I often rescue guns that need a bit of tlc.
    Get them sorted and sell them at a loss.

It's not collecting !

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    I can explain the Webley Tomahawk with the tatty beech stock which I bought on Friday. Well, I felt sorry for it.

ATB
    Ian
    An early birthday pressie ? what's not to like about tomahawks?

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Wish I was in your shoes, all the rifles I'm after seem to be a bit elusive or when I've had the chance to buy them in the past, I've not had the money.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post
    An early birthday pressie ? what's not to like about tomahawks?
    I would have to live till I was 195.

The Tomahawk stock has gone from this:

to this:

Still work to be done.

But have you got a GAT ,mike