Thread: Hurricane front sight

Hurricane front sight

Hi, I need advice re fitting the front sight ring on my webley hurricane, I bought it without the ring and have bought a new one.
    It's spring steel and very hard to open, I've had two pair of long nosed pliers on it trying to open it up, ledged it on the groove, but can't spring it in place.
    There has to be a trick to this that I am missing, Google returned nothing, nor a search on here.
    Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks

I use snap-ring ("C" clip") pliers.

Thanks good suggestion, OK I have some 90 degree ones hidden somewhere I'll try it, I was just suprised how strong the sight ring tension was, couldn't imagine how it's ever gotten lost.

Last one I fitted involved a combination of my own super-strong superhero fingers and (mostly) a pair of pliers allowing me to open the thing up enough to fit, followed by one of my favourite tools, a light plastic-faced hammer and many gentle taps.

Well guys thank you for your comments, it's not an easy job but the external circlip pliers (a good pair) got it open enough to ledge it in the groove and a few light taps with the plastic mallet did get it to fully drop in, that won't be coming off any time soon.
    But thank you both for your comments.