Thread: Brilliant B20

Brilliant B20

Just bought an Xisico XS-B20 for £50. Stripped it down for maintenance, having just done an HW 99S I was able to compare the build quality. On the internet the B20 is often compared the HW 95, but my 95 is a much bigger rifle, it is definitely a clone of the 99s. Has a high quality polyurethane piston seal, a good fitting metal piston sleeve and a nice cocking shoe on the cocking lever. The transfer port looked rather small so I opened it up to 3.2 mm. The trigger is a Rekord with the automatic cross safety. Do not know if it is a genuine Weihrauch, it is identical except for some levers finished in oil black instead of the silver finish on the HW. Perhaps some experts out there will know. Left the original spring in and with the transfer port opened it is on 11.6 ft.lb. Very easy to cock, and a smooth action on shooting in a light package.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

The B20 same as SMK XS20 had a Rekord cloned trigger which really was a good one. Then this model was superseded by the B26 (26 mm cylinder). A few were made with the Rekord cloned trigger before BAM changed to a bastardized version that was a sealed unit. Xisico doesn't import the B26 (SMK now sells this as the XS20) and the B20 isn't made any more.

The trigger on these early xs20 / b26 is a Rekord clone apart from the pin positions through the cylinder body. A good mod' is to drill out a weihrauch trigger blade to 3.0mm dia (using the original BAM blade as a template) and fit it to the trigger unit.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    The customised B20 I bought years ago had a CS700 stock fitted to it which I later fitted to a HW95, so unless it's been changed recently then it's defo a 95 clone.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    The customised B20 I bought years ago had a CS700 stock fitted to it which I later fitted to a HW95, so unless it's been changed recently then it's defo a 95 clone.

Pete
    Pete, looks like a combination of both with the 99 type barrel and sights...

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

They are surprisingly nice if you get a good one I've had a fair few, they are a hw95 clone tho not 99 and the early ones had 25mm pistons and then changed to 26mm the sights are more like a 99 as it will of been cheaper to cast them as one instead of using inserts bud.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    The thing is you know how good the Chinese are for amalgamating rifles together (ie Remington Express (Diana front end and HW rear)) or slightly altering them, I know the TH208 action wouldn't properly fit a standard Diana 34 stock as the 208 action was slightly shorter and the front stock screw mountings where about inch out, I also changed the barrel on my B20 and fitted a HW95 with no aggro, if I've read right in the past, do you have problems trying to fit a 95 barrel to a 99?

Looking at your photo's, it defo looks like the newer ones are 99 cylinder size but with 95 style stock and fixings (ie no 99 style front bolt fixing underneath), the cylinder also looks smaller and could possibly be 25mm internals again, the daft thing is, people may start thinking that this could be the new cheaper 99 tuning bitch alternative but they probably won't be that much cheaper than a proper 99 with better trigger/materials/build quality, the original B20 was a bargain when they first came to our shores as they where between £50-100, half the price of a 95 and they made an excellent first rifle or tinkerers special.

But then again, thinking about it a cheap rifle of half decent design (HW copy) with 25mm internals may make a decent platform for a 99 chaser (I won't say beater) and could be the next rifle to take the boinger bash by storm.

Pete
    Last edited by look no hands; 20-03-2019 at 06:40 AM.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in