Thread: Sharp ace .22 value

Sharp ace .22 value

Hi all I need some information on the value of sharp stainless .22 ace pump rifle ?
    Crossbow with s&b 12-50-56 on top

Quote Originally Posted by springer34 View Post
    Hi all I need some information on the value of sharp stainless .22 ace pump rifle ?
    Do you mean stainless as in stainless steel (don’t believe they exist), finish removed and “in the white”, or “unmarked”?

A very nice Ace will usually sell for £200-250, in my experience.

sharp

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Do you mean stainless as in stainless steel (don’t believe they exist), finish removed and “in the white”, or “unmarked”?

A very nice Ace will usually sell for £200-250, in my experience.
    Hi thanks for the reply hi yes stainless as in stainless steel I have put some pics up on sb cant seem to upload pics on here not chromed all markings are clear ill have to find my glasses and write the serial number down and see what you make of it ty for the reply.

never seen a stainless ace
    a good condition ace will fetch £300 plus

Not a Sharp guru, but honestly, never heard of a stainless one.

Not a Sharp guru, but honestly, never heard of a stainless one.
    Hey you know more than I do hence why ive asked if you would like to see it just go on sb ive put a load of pics on there on a post or look me up on fb Lloyd Harvey ill put them on there tomorrow I just need all the info I can get I do have a receipt
    of previous owner he paid over £500 for it I got it off a third party who knows less then me!

What is sb?

Cheers
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    What is sb?

Cheers
    shooting the breeze hope im allowed to say that on here mods can be funny!

Quote Originally Posted by springer34 View Post
    shooting the breeze hope im allowed to say that on here mods can be funny!

Seen that,,, Its just a stripped ace, Someone seen him coming for £500, Really bad pics so cant even tell if its nickel plate although unblued metal is hard to photograph, Pics taken outside may help. Col.

Looked at the STB pics (but couldn’t enlarge them as not a member). Couldn’t find you on FB - lots of Lloyd H’s on there.

It does indeed appear to be an Ace with the bluing stripped off. That kills its value, especially to a collector. So, assuming it works and is complete (iron sights?) and unmolested apart from the metal finish, I’d guess it might be worth up to £125 as a project.

In my opinion, no Ace Sporter (as opposed to the very rare sidelever Ace Target/Pan Target) is worth £500. I’d be surprised if even a genuinely mint boxed one would command more than £350-400.

even with the bluing polished off provided it's in good working order i'd say £200 as it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg to have reblued
    you'd make more possibly stipping and selling for spares as sharp spares are very difficult to source

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    even with the bluing polished off provided it's in good working order i'd say £200 as it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg to have reblued
    you'd make more possibly stipping and selling for spares as sharp spares are very difficult to source
    Cost of rebluing, £40-75. Add that to £125.

Given that you can pick up a good original one for £200-250, I doubt that a “nude” one would make £200.

May well be wrong...

it's worth what someone will pay tbh
    you could value it at £500 and it could be worth that but if no one will pay that then it won't sell often aces that sell cheap are sold because people need the money and buyers aren't as common as buyers for pcp's so they drop the price for a quick sale

Thumbs up

Looked at the STB pics (but couldn’t enlarge them as not a member). Couldn’t find you on FB - lots of Lloyd H’s on there.

It does indeed appear to be an Ace with the bluing stripped off. That kills its value, especially to a collector. So, assuming it works and is complete (iron sights?) and unmolested apart from the metal finish, I’d guess it might be worth up to £125 as a project.

In my opinion, no Ace Sporter (as opposed to the very rare sidelever Ace Target/Pan Target) is worth £500. I’d be surprised if even a genuinely mint boxed one would command more than £350-400.
    on fb im the one with a tattoo of my old 9003 on my back