Thread: Happiness is a BSA Supersport.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Looks nice does that, Pete.

I'm downright hopeless at uploading images. When I get some piccies taken of mine, I'll ask my IT guru New Paul if I can e-mail some photos on so that he can post them.

Be warned, though. The "custom" stock is, er, very unique and the 'scope looks hideous with the top turret all skew-whiff and the very individual pressed on white plastic cover on the windage turret!

As I've said before, it has all the hallmarks of a proper "knock-about" gun, but once you've got to know the internals intimately and witnessing how well it shoots, it somehow becomes so much more than that and really something quite special.
    I was having a look through some spares today and found a .22 carbine barrel with ZD serial no stamped on it (which makes it a Challenger barrel), gawd knows where that came from but I know what rifle it's going on

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I was having a look through some spares today and found a .22 carbine barrel with ZD serial no stamped on it (which makes it a Challenger barrel), gawd knows where that came from but I know what rifle it's going on

Pete
    Isn't it nice when you re-find such lovely little surprises?

Now, let me guess........
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Isn't it nice when you re-find such lovely little surprises?

Now, let me guess........
    I'll give you a clue......it begins with a 'C'

Actually I've just realised that I can make a Challenger carbine with the proper barrel and serial number

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I'll give you a clue......it begins with a 'C'

Actually I've just realised that I can make a Challenger carbine with the proper barrel and serial number

Pete
    Sorted!

Maybe scope for a slight de-tune also, Pete.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Sorted!

Maybe scope for a slight de-tune also, Pete.
    Now then me old mate Tone, prey do tell, why would I want to de-tune it?

Yours confusingly.

Pete

Well, unless I've guessed wrong, Pete, you'd be switching it with the .177 barrel?

So, if the power output was already healthy with the tiddler bore, switching to the more efficient .22 would raise muzzle energy too high, creating the need to de-tune and bringing with it the benefits of lower cocking effort and a sweeter firing cycle.

Well at least one Suoersport will be at KP tommo

Well, unless I've guessed wrong, Pete, you'd be switching it with the .177 barrel?

So, if the power output was already healthy with the tiddler bore, switching to the more efficient .22 would raise muzzle energy too high, creating the need to de-tune and bringing with it the benefits of lower cocking effort and a sweeter firing cycle.
    Sorry for any confusion Tone, I have a few Challenger/Mercury S based rifles, I've had so many over the years and have bought other stocks and parts and have made hybrids, I've also got a couple of untouched Challengers/Merc S's, I've just realised I need to change my rifle list below as my .177 hybrid now has a Merc S stock on it not the Challenger stock it once had and the .177 barrel is a Lightning barrel, so a right old mix of parts.

I think I need to take stock of what rifles I have and how they've evolved over the years.

Pete