Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Happiness is a BSA Supersport.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Yep, it's all too easy to think that you'll remember all the guns and bits you have and details of what you've done to them rather than writing it down.......only to forget!
    I've just found out that the two Merc S's I thought I had, are in fact, only one and the other one has been cannibalised (it wasn't in the best of condition anyway) and is now a 'bitsa' and some of it is on another rifle (I must do all this changing of parts about in my sleep, as I don't always remember doing it), my .177 Merc is a 'custom' one I made a few years ago, I love the look of the standard Merc but the Challenger with the maxigrip rail and the heightened trigger block looks awful, the graceful lines where lost when they decided to do that, it still looks pretty but not beautiful like the Merc does BUT I love the look and handling of the Challenger stock, so a hybrid was made and it looked stunning but then I was seduced by a Walnut Merc S stock and so it became a Merc again, if only they did the Challenger style stock in Walnut, then life would be perfect, I have thought that I will one day get someone to make me a Walnut Challenger style stock but I have other things to spend my money on at the moment.

This was the hybrid before the S stock was put on.

I really need to take some photo's of my collection but a little bit more swapping about needs doing first.

Pete
    Last edited by look no hands; 24-03-2019 at 08:26 AM.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Lovely, Pete.

As you say, maybe the trigger block standing proud isn't quite perfection, but still a most graceful and purposeful looking companion.

It would be great to see you and some of your BSAs at The Bash one day.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Great read this thread!
    Confirms my own experiences, good Supersports are some of the best springers made, but the ones with bad barrels can be really nasty.

I found this thread while searching for info on Supersport Carbines, I am contemplating on cutting one of my accurate .177" barrels to make a carbine supersport, but am afraid this may affect the barrels good characteristic?

Are there anyone who has tried both the 14,5" and 18" barrel lengths, and have thoughts on shootability?