Thread: Happiness is a BSA Supersport.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Agree with all of the above apart from I haven't had experience of lots of examples.

The .22 Lightning I bought about seven years ago did seem accurate enough.

The experience I had with the .177 I had back in '88 would substantiate your comments re .177 vs .22, and pretty much as you'd expect when comparing efficiency and taking into account the relatively high power output for such a lightweight springer.

And, yes, an old shooting friend of mine who was mainly into shooting .22 rimfire but also FAC air, always spoke very highly of the .22 barrels and often used them for one-off projects.
    One thing I do really like about the Lightning is the synthetic stock. Even if plastic stocks aren't your thing it has to be tried at least once; it has a good high comb and vertical grip, and shoulders very nicely indeed.
    It's most of the reason I put so much effort into salvaging a bad rifle (eventually achieved by swapping the .177 barrel out for a .22 supersport one and toning down the spring).
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    One thing I do really like about the Lightning is the synthetic stock. Even if plastic stocks aren't your thing it has to be tried at least once; it has a good high comb and vertical grip, and shoulders very nicely indeed.
    It's most of the reason I put so much effort into salvaging a bad rifle (eventually achieved by swapping the .177 barrel out for a .22 supersport one and toning down the spring).
    Well, I do actually like synthetic stocks and did kinda think that I might try and source one one day, with the stock that it currently wears looking a little like a dog's dinner! But then, you know once you've lived with it for a while, had a bit of a tinker, got to know it inside out and that bond builds........? Well, this stock has kinda grown on me now!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!