Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the airgun laws in Portugal?

What's the airgun laws in Portugal?

Hi all, can anyone tell me what the airgun laws in Portugal are with regards to power, permission, licesencing etc?
    Thanks in advance
    Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

PORTUGAL - .177 or .22 velocity of 1181 fps Hunting not allowed

From B.A.R website .

Quote Originally Posted by Alakar View Post
    PORTUGAL - .177 or .22 velocity of 1181 fps Hunting not allowed

From B.A.R website .
    Here's the full list :-

http://www.airgunbuyer.com/page.asp?pg=1008

Whether you need a license or not in Portugal I can't find but a quick phone call to the Consulate wouldn't go amiss.

The list provided is interestingbut I may have to add more detail regarding Norway. I was there maybe 6 years ago and spent a while in a gun shop in Lillesand admiring their (expensive) range of air rifles. I remember asking about the need for a license, if any, and was told the following:
    For .177 there is no requirement irrespective of power level but all air rifles classed as .22 need a license irrespective of power level. However, there is a quirk to this is that they classified 5.56 as .22 so if you had a rifle officially labelled as 5.5 then it falls outside the requirements for a license. Now it is, of course, possible that the chap in the shop got it wrong, but his English was excellent and he seemed as surprised as I was. So I cannot guarantee this information but it might be wise to check.

Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    The list provided is interestingbut I may have to add more detail regarding Norway. I was there maybe 6 years ago and spent a while in a gun shop in Lillesand admiring their (expensive) range of air rifles. I remember asking about the need for a license, if any, and was told the following:
    For .177 there is no requirement irrespective of power level but all air rifles classed as .22 need a license irrespective of power level. However, there is a quirk to this is that they classified 5.56 as .22 so if you had a rifle officially labelled as 5.5 then it falls outside the requirements for a license. Now it is, of course, possible that the chap in the shop got it wrong, but his English was excellent and he seemed as surprised as I was. So I cannot guarantee this information but it might be wise to check.

Cheers, Phil
    There's a similar quirk in South African Law as well, Phil.

From memory 5.5mm is OK but .22" is prohibited.

Edit - from here :- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_gun_laws
    Last edited by T 20; 20-03-2019 at 11:46 AM.

I know that .25 is prohibited after trying to buy pellets.

There was a very good link on a previous thread but I can't find it, lots of general firearms stuff on google & Wikipedia.

I'm sure the Embassy could give you full details.
    Last edited by angrybear; 20-03-2019 at 12:10 PM.

You moving house then rhys? If so jammy git im well jealous long way to travel to the bash tho bud

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Here's the full list :-

http://www.airgunbuyer.com/page.asp?pg=1008

Whether you need a license or not in Portugal I can't find but a quick phone call to the Consulate wouldn't go amiss.
    China is conspicuous in it's absence.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

China I've been told is heavily resricted. I can't remember exactly but I was told there is a limit on the guns certificates held, so it's like dead man's shoes, you can't get one until one becomes free. It came up at IWA as I was commenting how it would be interesting to see how China take up FT.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Hi all, can anyone tell me what the airgun laws in Portugal are with regards to power, permission, licesencing etc?
    Thanks in advance
    Rhys
    For 12 ft-lb .177 we didn't need anything a couple of years back when the WFTF World Championships were held there.

If you need to know stuff outside of that I can ask further.

Come on Rhys spill the beans mate, why do you need to know ?
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    You moving house then rhys? If so jammy git im well jealous long way to travel to the bash tho bud
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Come on Rhys spill the beans mate, why do you need to know ?
    Lol!! Yes I'm considering moving there... The container house is considered categorically a "non permanent structure" in Portugal, meaning all I need to do is throw it on a lorry, find a bit of cheap land with water and I'm sorted. there is pluck tonnes of sunshine there so electricity/hot water is never going to be short and I've heard of good international schools over there. After brexshit and what looks like bollocks food regulations being opened I sent no reason to stay, plus the coffee and food in Portugal is f'ing cheap and really good!. The bash is only a cheap flight away for a once yearly trip & I can leave a Springer here at me parents to go to that with no sweat!!
    So yeah, course I'm thinking of moving there!!
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Blimey, Rhys!

Can't argue with any of the above and I'd be so happy if it works out for you.

But I can't help feeling a little sad to think that we might only see you once a year.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Blimey, Rhys!

Can't argue with any of the above and I'd be so happy if it works out for you.

But I can't help feeling a little sad to think that we might only see you once a year.
    Once a year unless I hold an airgun event in Portugal?
    To be fair, it'll take a few years of planning I think so it's not going to happen immediately mate

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Once a year unless I hold an airgun event in Portugal?
    Now you're talking!

An International Boinger Bash in the Sun!

I'll get my passport renewed!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!