Thread: hunting

hunting

Ok a quick question, ok i've been a member for 2or 3 years now and while pop in now and than mainly this time of year for reason's I'll not go into!! I was wondering why there is not section for hunting, as being a keen hunter not a plinker or target shooter, I enjoy reading others hunting reports etc, not bothered so much on pic's of dead quarry as we all know what they look like!! But over the years of reading said articules has helped me with hints and tips with my own hunting, Most of my hunting is for the table, although when asked will shoot other quarry.

ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

mmm

rimfire center fire

Quote Originally Posted by the hillbilly View Post
    Ok a quick question, ok i've been a member for 2or 3 years now and while pop in now and than mainly this time of year for reason's I'll not go into!! I was wondering why there is not section for hunting, as being a keen hunter not a plinker or target shooter, I enjoy reading others hunting reports etc, not bothered so much on pic's of dead quarry as we all know what they look like!! But over the years of reading said articules has helped me with hints and tips with my own hunting, Most of my hunting is for the table, although when asked will shoot other quarry.
    Politics & PR,
    Quite rightly the forum does not allow pic's of dead things, because lots of the great unwashed don't seem to understand that their burger or shrink wrapped chicken came from a living animal, before hitting the supermarket shelf
    so anything associated with killing " Ickle fwuffy bunnies" will get the anti's up in arms.

If there was a section with people boasting of their "skills" it would attract unwanted attention,
    you just need to view some of the old general licence threads to get an idea of the issues.

Lot's of us do it, & I'll go toe to toe with anyone to defend it, but there's no need to overtly 'glorify' it on a public forum.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Politics & PR,
    Quite rightly the forum does not allow pic's of dead things, because lots of the great unwashed don't seem to understand that their burger or shrink wrapped chicken came from a living animal, before hitting the supermarket shelf
    so anything associated with killing " Ickle fwuffy bunnies" will get the anti's up in arms.

If there was a section with people boasting of their "skills" it would attract unwanted attention,
    you just need to view some of the old general licence threads to get an idea of the issues.

Lot's of us do it, & I'll go toe to toe with anyone to defend it, but there's no need to overtly 'glorify' it on a public forum.
    I quite agree, as I siad I'm not interested in pic's just like to read about other hunters trips with tips and techniques etc, there could be a section where you need to apply to enter etc with rules on applying etc!!

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Politics & PR,
    Yes I agree most of the general public have no idea what goes on in slater houses and how a lot of workers take tranquilizers and suffer from disorders including PTSD but now with the internet videos and info the truth is coming
    out slowly and most of the public are shocked.
    So why not show pictures of dead shot animals if you are not ashamed of what you are doing especially when shopper's
    are walking past dead animal parts from animals that are more intelligent than dogs like pigs, just point out the truth of what they are paying someone to do for them, most modern day people get ( cognitive dissonance )

theres a good one on the hunting life

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Yes I agree most of the general public have no idea what goes on in slater houses and how a lot of workers take tranquilizers and suffer from disorders including PTSD but now with the internet videos and info the truth is coming
    out slowly and most of the public are shocked.
    So why not show pictures of dead shot animals if you are not ashamed of what you are doing especially when shopper's
    are walking past dead animal parts from animals that are more intelligent than dogs like pigs, just point out the truth of what they are paying someone to do for them, most modern day people get ( cognitive dissonance )
    Because of the prey we shoot, as I said above,
    the public don't see/understand vermin or invasive alien species they see Peter rabbit & squirrel nutkins, cute & fluffy
    Rats not so bad but they will still (wrongly) think poison is more humane,

Plus there will always be idiots who shoot protected species because either they don't know or don't care, plenty in the papers,
    to the anti if you shoot vermin you also shoot swans & pets, and if you post pictures it's because you enjoy wanton killing, so why invite unnecessary trouble.

Not to sure what you can actually learn about hunting from a forum. Some info on kit maybe. There is no substitute from learning your "permission", what quarry is there, their habits or land owners requirements.
    HFT/FT are fantastic places to learn how to hunt as the disciplines force you to learn how to shoot uphill, downhill, at varying distances, in the wind and different temperatures.
    The most important lesson to learn is accuracy, I have seen many shooters turn up at clubs, been shooting for years, shot thousands of rabbits yet they only score single figures on a HFT/FT course.
    I was a hunter first (and still are) before FT/HFT, Theoben Taunus .22 with Whitetail Classic scope. I ended up regularly scoring mid twenties on FT course with this rig before changing calibre and kit but that is another discussion. Second to accuracy as a hunter is humanity, never shoot at anything unless you are confident you will instantly kill it with a single shot, join the club "head shots R,us".
    VAYA CON DIOS