Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the airgun laws in Portugal?

PCP requires FAC in NZ mmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Now you're talking!

An International Boinger Bash in the Sun!

I'll get my passport renewed!
    Damed right Tony, the world is a small place now. International barriers are just psychological not actually difficult in this modern day and age. Infact the Idea of hosting an international boinger bash is kinda motivating me to move there even more!!!
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Damed right Tony, the world is a small place now. International barriers are just psychological not actually difficult in this modern day and age. Infact the Idea of hosting an international boinger bash is kinda motivating me to move there even more!!!
    The FT Worlds were held in Lisbon a couple of years back, so if your plan bears fruit and you want some contacts over there, let me know.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    The FT Worlds were held in Lisbon a couple of years back, so if your plan bears fruit and you want some contacts over there, let me know.
    Mighty sterling of you rob thanks! IL be looking to make new contacts & community when I do go so I will bear you in mind!
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Marvellous!

We could have a road trip holiday down there......leave the missus and bin lids on the beach and come and play at Rhys's Quigley Hotspot!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

There is a good chance that after Brex*it you may not have rights to live in Portugal though..

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Marvellous!

We could have a road trip holiday down there......leave the missus and bin lids on the beach and come and play at Rhys's Quigley Hotspot!
    To be honest, the mountain roads of the north and my big red VFR 750 are also one of the reasons for wanting to move there!!

https://youtu.be/G7uzGfdfsK0

+

= Heaven!!!
    Last edited by rhyslightnin; 23-03-2019 at 12:57 AM.

I'm with you on that one, Rhys, much preferring hills, woodland, greenery and twisties to beaches.
    Horrible stuff that bloody sand!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFloyd View Post
    There is a good chance that after Brex*it you may not have rights to live in Portugal though..
    You are correct but there is bound to be immigration opportunity just as in Australia & America. It's such a sh*tstorm politically currently that the outcome is completely unpredictable in my eyes. I may also try and register before brexit which is an option.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFloyd View Post
    What utter cobblers, the only difference will be a bit of paperwork.

Airgun laws in portugal

Hi all, can anyone tell me what the airgun laws in Portugal are with regards to power, permission, licesencing etc?
    Thanks in advance
    Rhys
    AirGun laws in Portugal are NOT based on velocity but on a 24 joule limit (equivalent to around 17 fpe). It would make little sense having a velocity limit as you could exceed said limit with a lighter pellet for the same energy . Guns sold by main seller, Mundilar are all regulated to 24 joules.
    Transportation should be on a case or bag ,ammo in a separate container or pouch and no hunting allowed. No license needed but you must be over 18 to purchase.
    Hope this helps.Rgds
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    The list provided is interestingbut I may have to add more detail regarding Norway. I was there maybe 6 years ago and spent a while in a gun shop in Lillesand admiring their (expensive) range of air rifles. I remember asking about the need for a license, if any, and was told the following:
    For .177 there is no requirement irrespective of power level but all air rifles classed as .22 need a license irrespective of power level. However, there is a quirk to this is that they classified 5.56 as .22 so if you had a rifle officially labelled as 5.5 then it falls outside the requirements for a license. Now it is, of course, possible that the chap in the shop got it wrong, but his English was excellent and he seemed as surprised as I was. So I cannot guarantee this information but it might be wise to check.

Cheers, Phil
    I'm not trying to be rude, but that guy was not updated on Norwegian gun laws.... His 5.56/5.5 story is just BS.

Airguns are classified as "shooting weapons" by the law over here, but some airguns are exempt from licencing.
    We have had varying regulations of airguns over the years.
    Before the late 90's all airguns were exempt from licencing, and free to buy for anyone above a certain age (which I belive was 16 first, and then 18 later)
    Sometime around ca 1999 all airguns with a caliber above 4,5mm's were put on licence, but that was lifted after some years.(2005?)

So we had no restrictions on ariguns for some happy years, and a lot of us went crazy and imported and bough a lot of guns with our new freedom.

Then, in 2009, all purchases of airguns above 4,5mm had to be registered, so they are back on licening again.
    BUT, for us that bought airguns in the periods they were free to buy unlicenced, can still keep them- its if we sell them they have to be registered.

a lovely place to move to i wish you luck if it comes off

Hi all, can anyone tell me what the airgun laws in Portugal are with regards to power, permission, licesencing etc?
    Thanks in advance
    Rhys
    Law is 24 Joules not velocity based as informed by B.A.R.Rgds

Guid luck with your plans Rhys if you decide to go ahead.

I had a great holiday in Portugal some years ago, albeit on the southern Algarve coast. Weather was fantastic and I can see the attractions of going there to live. Great for the bike 🏍 as well!
    A’ the Best,
    Graeme