Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oscar Will Venus-Waffenwek artwork?

Well it was $5 well spend on the UV flashlight. The Venus Waffenwerk label did not have any blue fluorescence. Tested it on some new copy paper I had and could clearly see the difference. Had just bought a 1934 catalog which was a good test, given it’s dated, and it had no fluorescence as well. So odds are, I guess, it is genuine.

It’s interesting how the image of this vary print has made the rounds. It has a noticeable little defect I can see so I know it’s the same one. Probably taken from a image used in a earlier auction. It’s in the Vintage Airgun Gallery and this site on German Hunting Guns.

Thanks for all the help. I am now better equipped to collect, this was all new to me, glad it ended happily.

http://www.germanhuntingguns.com/arc...us-waffenwerk/
    Last edited by 45flint; 30-03-2019 at 05:34 PM.

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    That's a brilliant outcome, well done! I wish I had a piece of 100 year old airgun artwork in that good a condition.

Now I dare you to check all your vintage pistol box labels with the pen! (Actually I think you are safe, as repro' boxes are a relatively recent phenomenon, and then in the UK rather than in the States.

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    That's a brilliant outcome, well done! I wish I had a piece of 100 year old airgun artwork in that good a condition.

Now I dare you to check all your vintage pistol box labels with the pen! (Actually I think you are safe, as repro' boxes are a relatively recent phenomenon, and then in the UK rather than in the States.
    I’ll check but as you say in the US I doubt they are faked. But older boxes of firearms are faked all the time. Problem even a box after 1950 adds a lot of value.

Well if it’s real deserves a little stand? Acid free paper backing in plastic stand. I’ll keep it out of the sun but At least I can enjoy it? Probably means I now need a Tell 1?