Thread: WR concentric model

WR concentric model

Rare chance to see inside one of these old beasts!

What a Sunday morning treat.

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....del/#post-3813
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Rare chance to see inside one of these old beasts!

What a Sunday morning treat.

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....del/#post-3813

It is nice to see pics of the old stuff stripped down.
    Last edited by ggggr; 01-04-2019 at 12:31 PM. Reason: THe screws are correct
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Talk about

live and learn.First time I've seen inside one!

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Hi Danny many thanks for putting the photos up of the WR. l took mine apart when l first bought it in 1991. but l can't remember what it looked like. and l don't have it anymore so l can't have a look.

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    I had a quick look inside mine and here are a couple of pics of the piston head. I am pretty sure that the seal is original and you can see that leather washer is just held place by the two screws. Coincidentally, my example has serial number 1019, so it was next off the production line after yours.

My Concentric (Ser No 1055) has the cut-back cylinder shroud, whereas the example pictured below mine has a full shroud. It was originally believed that this modification took place at a particular Ser No, but I believe this has subsequently proved to be incorrect. Still have no idea what purpose the modification served especially on a production run of less than 100 pistols, but these things are rarely introduced for no good reason. It would appear that the first pistols produced had the full shroud thus eliminating the possibility that the this might have been introduced later to provide additional strength during the cocking process.

Anybody got any ideas other than purely cosmetic, what purpose this medication might have had ?

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 01-04-2019 at 11:36 AM.

Looks like mine has had a replacement leather seal at some point and this has not had cutouts for the screw heads, made worse by a drilled steel plate being used as a "washer" across the top of the leather. Hence the screw head currently protrude and strike the body of the gun.
    I cut a small leather piece to place inside to protect and soften the impact.
    First attempt I forgot the need for two air holes :-)
    Replacing leather seal and screws arrangement in a more original way is future project.