Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sportsmatch arrester pin?

Ok I do have one, stuck it on the micrometer and it measures 4.25x10.07mm; if you still want it, PM me your address and I'll post it tomorrow.

I may take the plunge and tune my springers at some point, but whenever I consider it I can’t bring myself to remove perfectly good steel internal parts and replace them with plastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Saxmaniac View Post
    I may take the plunge and tune my springers at some point, but whenever I consider it I can’t bring myself to remove perfectly good steel internal parts and replace them with plastic!
    Theres nowt wrong with steel parts if they fit well.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Ive never had any problems with recoil with the HWs Ive tuned. '35, '80, 30, 50, 77, 95 etc. It all depends on the ability of the tuner. I 'aim' for smoothness and not necessarily wringing the last once of power out of a gun.

ATB
    Ian
    Agreed.

I've never suffered from scope/mount creep. Most of my mounts are Sportsmatch one-piece, some two-piece and I've never used or felt the need to employ the arrestor pin.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I have always used a low riser block clamped securely behind the mount, always worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Theres nowt wrong with steel parts if they fit well.
    Touché Sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Hartcliffer View Post
    Ok I do have one, stuck it on the micrometer and it measures 4.25x10.07mm; if you still want it, PM me your address and I'll post it tomorrow.
    Thank you I will measure the hole...
    Ed - HW77 mk2 .22 + Vmach kit - HW80 mk1 .22 + Vmach kit - Webley Tempest 1979 -
    https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk

I've replied to your "wanted" add

Sorted

Thanks for the help, I used an m5 tap and m5 stainless grub Allen. That will stay put!
    Ed - HW77 mk2 .22 + Vmach kit - HW80 mk1 .22 + Vmach kit - Webley Tempest 1979 -

Quote Originally Posted by accused View Post
    Thanks for the help, I used an m5 tap and m5 stainless grub Allen. That will stay put!
    The only advice I would give is don't use a grub screw that terminates at a point. I learnt the hard way that if pointed grub screws aren't wound down into the stop holes enough, recoil will drag the points across the face of your cylinder. Flatten the end of the grub screws off is the best solution.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    The only advice I would give is don't use a grub screw that terminates at a point. I learnt the hard way that if pointed grub screws aren't wound down into the stop holes enough, recoil will drag the points across the face of your cylinder. Flatten the end of the grub screws off is the best solution.
    Good point !
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I used the Allen socket end at the bottom facing the cylinder and loctited it in the right position...

Just remember, if your arrestor pin is doing it's job, your mount isn't. I use BKL 1-piece on my TX's and they never move. Some have been on FAC TX's for 50,000+ shots without moving. Take care that the pin doesn't wallow out the hole in the receiver. Ask me how I know about this.

Thank you...I hope it's just insurance as its a decent mount in one piece and a smooth tuned gun. I had scope creep once and as the saying goes...once bitten