Thread: new hw45 faulty safety catch

new hw45 faulty safety catch

hi gang,just got a new standard hw45,,the safety fall past its resting place when ready to fire,,has any one had this problem before and is it an easy fix

Quote Originally Posted by j rayner View Post
    hi gang,just got a new standard hw45,,the safety fall past its resting place when ready to fire,,has any one had this problem before and is it an easy fix
    Take it back to the shop & ask for a replacement. If it's new, it's under warranty.

Hmmmm

I thought someone on here would know the answer. How do you put pics on here. ?

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    You have to host picture on another site and then post a link to them.

While someone probably does know how to fix this, why not just send it back on warranty? HW45's are not known for being problematic.
    Good deals with these members

Ive had a couple of droopy safety catches.
    They are not easy to tighten up.

Ah

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Ive had a couple of droopy safety catches.
    They are not easy to tighten up.
    How did you do it . It feels like there’s a nipple or something inside the gun that stops it going forward. May be the nipple isn’t big enough. ??

Is there any reason you can't return it to swap it for different one without the fault? Does the safety still function correctly?
    Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

safety still works

but flops down to the bottom of the trigger guard,,,,,,iv sent the gun back to rfd and they are sending it back to hull cartrage to fix

Tiny bit

Quote Originally Posted by j rayner View Post
    but flops down to the bottom of the trigger guard,,,,,,iv sent the gun back to rfd and they are sending it back to hull cartrage to fix
    There is a inset hole that takes a tiny spring with a small end piece attached that indexes on a specially milled section of the barrel shaft creating the required tension.
    Had to do one a bit ago. It had lost the tiny end piece on the tiny spring. I ended up making one from a 4 p finish nail. [ didn't want to wait another 4 weeks for parts from the UK.]. Worked great. But now I can't get the thing to cock.... sigh... I'm down to opening up one of my other HW45's.

Quote Originally Posted by Markmelesky View Post
    There is a inset hole that takes a tiny spring with a small end piece attached that indexes on a specially milled section of the barrel shaft creating the required tension.
    Had to do one a bit ago. It had lost the tiny end piece on the tiny spring. I ended up making one from a 4 p finish nail. [ didn't want to wait another 4 weeks for parts from the UK.]. Worked great. But now I can't get the thing to cock.... sigh... I'm down to opening up one of my other HW45's.
    All's well....It took looking into another working 45 to see what was behind the cocking problem. It was a misalignment of part of the sear system. Back together and BAMMO....back in business. Now to prep it for sale. I guess I don't need three 45's. Although it completes a triumverate of calibers. Does anyone consistently use a .20 caliber air pistol ?