Thread: Dr Ingvar Alm‘s Two Tell Model 3’s

Dr Ingvar Alm‘s Two Tell Model 3’s

I was lucky to acquired in the same lot both of Dr Ingvar Alm‘s Tell 3’s. It is interesting that they are the same pistol but are actually quite different. The first Tell 3 on top was in a box and is completely original. You can see in the bluing where it laid in the box, where a hand was used on the front sight to cock the gun. One emblem has worn red paint where a right handed shooter would have held it. To me the more valuable of the two given it’s untouched.

The lower pistol has been totally reblued, the grips seem too perfect not to have been retouched? But it was done with superb skill? Looking at it you would think it was a new gun. It is actually the more striking visually of the two guns. Very little loss of detail. Bluing actually noticeably better than what was standard on a factory Tell 3. I’m curious what this board would think the value of this gun is? My thought is to keep only the boxed original?

See links to detailed pictures of each gun in the links below these pics.

Details of top gun:
    https://imgur.com/a/9T0uCjK

Details of lower gun:
    https://imgur.com/a/1Ikz2GW

I'm sure your right to keep the untouched pistol and sell on the reblued one.

Can't say I'm keen on it myself - it lacks the sharp edges of the original, even if the grip badges have been done well. No idea what it's worth in the US but despite the reblue it would probably make £500+ in the UK, such is the inerest in these pistols.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Boxed original over the refinished one every time.