Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do I want another rifle????

Why do I want another rifle????

I am sure I am not the only one .

I want to thin down my rifles to those that I use but struggle to decide what to let go. Yet when I saw a rifle I have always had a hankering for on offer whilst surfing the web last night I can't help but feel I should buy it. Why? I don't need it. It has no practical or specific role to fill. It won't be used for any of the target comps I shoot in. Yet I have an unnerving feeling I will buy it
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Sounds familiar
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I have decided what the new unit really needs is decorative air guns on the walls. I've had co2 AK's before, bt guess what I'm looking for now?

(And a Hellboy M4 of course!)
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    I am just deciding between 3.

Daystate Wolverine R Hilite.

This seems to be non existent in shops, I assume Daystate cant get hold of the bottles.

Steyer Scout auto 5.

Just because.

Anschutz 9015 ONE Hunting

I only saw this a few days ago and I think its stunning.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post

I want to thin down my rifles to those that I use but struggle to decide what to let go. Yet when I saw a rifle I have always had a hankering for on offer whilst surfing the web last night I can't help but feel I should buy it. Why? I don't need it. It has no practical or specific role to fill. It won't be used for any of the target comps I shoot in. Yet I have an unnerving feeling I will buy it
    You're not the only one for sure. I daren't go into a gun shop anymore!!!!

I know exactly what you mean.

I have far, far too many, really. Many of which haven't come out of the cabinet in years, including a few duplicates.

What I really need is more time to actually SHOOT the bloody things!

But then there are still a few that I'd like once money and space allow.......a LJ / BSA Light Pattern, a Webley Tracker, Webley Brummie Longbow, Webley Premier, maybe an Airsporter of some type, another BSA Supersport / Lightning, maybe a CO2 pistol along the lines of the Umarex CPS, most definitely a FWB 65/80, Diana Model 5, Diana 280.

And then I often get drawn towards some budget plinking stuff along the lines of the Crosman 1088 and 760 and also often find myself studying junior springers as sweet shooting, lower powered back garden / hallway plinkers.

I think I'm a lost cause........
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I know what will happen......
    Phase 1 - I tell myself I can't have it until I sell one
    Phase 2 - I realise I had better buy it before I miss out, I can always sell the sacrificial rifle later
    Phase 3 - selling the sacrificial rifle (somehow this never quite happens )

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I know exactly what you mean.

I have far, far too many, really. Many of which haven't come out of the cabinet in years, including a few duplicates.

But then there are still a few that I'd like once money and space allow.......a LJ / BSA Light Pattern, a Webley Tracker, Webley Brummie Longbow, Webley Premier, maybe an Airsporter of some type, another BSA Supersport / Lightning, maybe a CO2 pistol along the lines of the Umarex CPS, most definitely a FWB 65/80, Diana Model 5, Diana 280.

And then I often get drawn towards some budget plinking stuff along the lines of the Crosman 1088 and 760 and also often find myself studying junior springers as sweet shooting, lower powered back garden / hallway plinkers.

I think I'm a lost cause........
    i own a good part of your wish list but have a very good condition like new bsa lightning in .22 that i dont use if you are intrested still has original instructions book with it

That's the same with me! Can't help myself getting something new if it crops up, especially if it's shiny!

That's just how it is - if you want it and you've got the money for it, go for it and be happy 👍

All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanok2002 View Post
    i own a good part of your wish list but have a very good condition like new bsa lightning in .22 that i dont use if you are intrested still has original instructions book with it
    Hi Al, thank you for your offer but I'll have to decline for now due to lack of funds.

Maybe worth bringing it along to The Bash in a couple of weeks and displaying on the sales table?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Tony , You'd only be disappointed to find out that you've forgotten how .

.." The older I get , the better I used to be " .and all that .

In a shocking turn of events I appear to have talked myself out of buying it. I must be sickening for something

I keep dreaming of just having the one quality rifle/scope combo, that will fill all my needs and I will truly master and know inside out.

And then I keep seeing other rifles that I want as well, for no good reason. And not selling the ones I have. Then I buy another, and tell myself I will have a 'rifle off' between similar/same calibre rifles. And then I don't do that.

In a shocking turn of events I appear to have talked myself out of buying it. I must be sickening for something
    Oh no; disaster!